[comp.sys.cbm] GeoDebugger 2.0 and other GEOS stuff...

lcs@remus.rutgers.edu (Lyle C. Seplowitz) (01/18/91)

I heard (from this newsgroup) that Berkeley is going to release
geoDebugger 2.0 on Q-Link. Anyone have any more info on this? Also,
will people who don't have access to Q-Link, but own geoProgrammer, be
able to get the upgrade.

If anyone has access to Q-Link, maybe you can post some news as to
what's going on with GEOS and Berkeley. Since I don't have an account
on Q-Link anymore I rarely get information on GEOS (Berkeley seems to
only support GEOS users that are members of Q-Link, the rest are left
in the cold).

Anyone know anything about geoWorks, GEOS for the IBM. I heard it was
going to be released soon, but I haven't seen anything in magazines.

Oh, if you do have access to Q-Link, see if you can upload some of the
programs to Milton--I'm sure Q-Link has tons of them.

:)

if18@vlsi.polymtl.ca (01/18/91)

In article <Jan.17.13.27.54.1991.4278@remus.rutgers.edu> lcs@remus.rutgers.edu (Lyle C. Seplowitz) writes:

>Anyone know anything about geoWorks, GEOS for the IBM. I heard it was
>going to be released soon, but I haven't seen anything in magazines.

A friend of mine got it last week. I didn't try it out much (on his computer...
I don't have an IBM copmpatible) but it has the looks of Windows. It seemed
to me that it was more user-friendly that Windows (I liked the way you
change directories...). The switching delay from one application to another
also seemed shorter. However, I don't really know if it is a true
multi-tasking system because we didn't try it out.

He actually had GeoWrite, GeoDex, and a lot of other applications/accessories.
Obviously, they're much improved versions of what's on the C64 or C128, but
some of them kept their old "look".

I'm just wondering if the geoWrite data files will be compatible with the
C64 and C128...!

--

   Miguel Pedro
   Send mail to if18@info.polymtl.ca (NOT @vlsi.polymtl.ca !!!)

mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca (Marc Roussel) (01/22/91)

In article <1991Jan18.125639.29693@vlsi.polymtl.ca> if18@vlsi.polymtl.ca writes:
[About geoWrite on the PC]
>I'm just wondering if the geoWrite data files will be compatible with the
>C64 and C128...!

Apparently, a converter between the 65xx (64,128, Apple II) versions of GEOS
data files and 80xx (PC's) is in the works and, in fact, near the top of
Berkeley's list of priorities.  (Number 1 in the list is a Software
Developer's Kit.)

                                Sincerely,

				Marc R. Roussel
                                mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca