[comp.sys.cbm] Milton location?

UD129471@NDSUVM1.BITNET (01/26/91)

I'm kind of new at reading this group, so could someone please inform me as to
the location of Milton?  There are a number of files that have been mentioned t
o exist there that I would like to have.  E-mail is preferable but posting to
the group is fine as well.  Thanks..

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (01/29/91)

UD129471@NDSUVM1.BITNET writes:

>I'm kind of new at reading this group, so could someone please inform me as to
>the location of Milton?

There is an anonymous ftp site at milton.u.washington.edu.  To log onto this,
enter ftp with the command

ftp milton.u.washington.edu

Once in ftp, you are either automatically prompted for a username, or you may
need to use a command like "login" or "user."  At the username prompt, type
"anonymous", and at the password prompt, give your real ID.

Once on milton, the Commdore stuff is under directories public/download/c64,
/c128, /c64current, and /c128current.  Change directories with te "cd"
command, and get directory listings with the "dir" command.  Before
transferring, make sure you have binary mode set with the command "binary."
Then, you can get any file with the command "get <filename> <loc-filename>",
where loc-filename is the name that the file will have on your system.

Hope this helps...

-Rob Knop
rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu

ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar) (01/29/91)

Here is the list of anonymous ftp sites that have
even a little bit of commodore software.

ftp 128.95.136.1
ftp 129.3.1.1
ftp 128.214.5.6
ftp 128.214.7.5
ftp jyu.fi
ftp mars.ee.msstate.edu

If anyone has any others, post 'em or e-mail.
I'll post a compiled list later if I get any response.

(BTW, for the guy who wanted the milton site address, it's in these
somewhere.)

Have fun!
--
Sean Ahern ----------- Purdue University --------- ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu
Purdue Students United for Victory:     |*   Support the USA in the Gulf   *|