[comp.sys.cbm] Commodore chips

cs4344af@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Fuzzy Fox) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan28.044958.9356@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> surfin@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (William M Harris) writes:

>Does anyone know of a cheap source of Commodore chips?
>Specifically, I need CIA chips (6526).  I seem to blow
>these like fuses!

This just in....

The Grapevine Group, Inc. has a catalog that they call "The Complete
Guide and Resource Catalog to Items Not Found Anywhere Else."
Among other things, they sell replacement/spare chips for Commodore
computers:

	6526	$12.25
	6581	$12.25
	6510	$10.95

	etc. etc....

Call them tool free, (800) 292-7445.

You know, if you people would just subscribe to a good magazine like RUN
magazine (where I found this ad), you wouldn't have to ask such
questions on the net.  :)

--
begin 644 .signature
G5&AI<R!S<&%C92!I;G1E;G1I;VYA;&QY(&QE9G0@8FQA;FLN#0H:

end

klf1305@chensun1.tamu.edu (Kelly L. Fergason) (01/30/91)

In article <1991Jan29.070105.19595@evax.arl.utexas.edu> cs4344af@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Fuzzy Fox) writes:
>In article <1991Jan28.044958.9356@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> surfin@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (William M Harris) writes:
>>
>>Does anyone know of a cheap source of Commodore chips?
>>Specifically, I need CIA chips (6526).  I seem to blow
>>these like fuses!

	Try Jameco Electronics, ads in the back of any Byte or
Computer Shopper.  They carry, or at least used to, a complete line
of Commodore chips.

Kelly Fergason