[comp.sys.cbm] GEOS printer driver problem

llaria@cup.portal.com (Tracy M Wirs) (01/17/91)

Hi......  as y'all know by now, I have a small problem with my GEOS program.

I have a C64, GEOS 2.0, and a Star NX-1000C.  Since I can't find a driver
for this printer, I've been using the Star NX10 driver.  There *is*
a Star NX-1000 (Rainbow) driver, but when I try to use it, it cuts the fonts
in half.....  resulting in a printed line with a line through it!
(someone suggested that I move one of the dip switches; would that person
Email me with complete details?)

I can *use* the 10C with the fonts fine, but NOT with the NLQ op!  What
happens is that all the words get smooshed together in one line..... as if
the command for the SPACE bar doesn't exist!
Any help is appreciated!

llaria@cup.portal.com

UUCP users...  PLEASE use: apple!cup.portal.com!lla  <ask me why in Email>

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (01/17/91)

llaria@cup.portal.com (Tracy M Wirs) writes:

>a Star NX-1000 (Rainbow) driver, but when I try to use it, it cuts the fonts
>in half.....  resulting in a printed line with a line through it!
>(someone suggested that I move one of the dip switches; would that person
>Email me with complete details?)

If the problem is a blank line, i.e. it prints the top half of the font,
then the bottom half of the font, you will want to flip the dip switch
that controls auto-LF with CR.  On the NX-10, that is dip switch 1-8, but
there is no guarantee that it will be the same on the nx-1000c.  Check
your manual, probably one of the early appendices, to find out which
dip switch controls auto-LF, and set it for NO auto-LF.

-Rob Knop
rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu

llaria@cup.portal.com (Tracy M Wirs) (01/18/91)

Rob:

You told me this before in Email, but as usual, it went out when I was
clearing out my Emailbox.   Thanks for the advice.....  I'll let all on here
know what happens (& if this works)!

llaria@cup.portal.com

llaria@cup.portal.com (Tracy M Wirs) (01/31/91)

Hm......  my original post seems to have disappeared.

For those of you who were interested:

I had a problem using the NX1000(rainbow) driver that came with my
GEOS 2.0...... darn thing kept putting a blank line in the font & wouldn't
accept the existance of the space bar when I tried NLQ mode.

Well..... Rob Knop, nice gent that he is, *tried* to help.  NOW, if I turn
off DIP switch #1 on my NX1000C(multi-font), the (rainbow) driver works
fine.......but I STILL have the problem in NLQ mode.

ftp'ing is over my level of comprehension, so if anyone can FIND a Star
NX1000C(multi-font) driver for GEOS 2.0, would you PLEASE either Email or
post here your address so I can send you a blank disk?

.....also: please let me know what kind of cologne you like so I can send you
a bottle of appreciation.....  :)

llaria@cup.portal.com