[comp.sys.cbm] Novaterm 9.1

lybeck@plains.NoDak.edu (Eric Lybeck) (09/11/90)

I was told that Novaterm 9.1 had included a vt100 and also Zmodem.  Gee,
i was wrong.  (I did not expect the Zmodem).  I am wondering if anyone
knows of another term program that does work with a Volks 6480 and offers
some sort of terminal emulation [FULL vt100, h19]

Eric Lybeck
--
Eric Lybeck, 816 16th Ave SW, Minot ND 58701-6237     lybeck@plains.nodak.edu
"Why do you hate me?"                                 ..!uunet!plains!lybeck

kellogg@prodigal.psych.rochester.edu (Lars Kellogg-Stedman) (09/23/90)

A few questions about NovaTerm 9.1, which I finally got around to
downloading yesterday:

How does it manage to work at 2400 baud on a c64?  Well written machine
language?

Perhaps I've missed this in the manual, but - how can I  get a tilde
character?  Have you ever tried using mush or mail without a tilde key?
Blech!

What about cursor keys?  I'm using the ansi/80col terminal, and Emacs chokes
on the cursor keys...

Thanks for any information! I'd appreciate email responses...
~ ~ | Lars Kellogg-Stedman                 | "Software rots if not used"
O-O | kellogg@prodigal.psych.rochester.edu |        - The Tao of Programming
 |  +--------------------------------------+----------------------------------+
-=- |   I'm rarely responsible for what I say, do you think anybody else is?

nrossi@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Nick Rossi) (09/25/90)

In article <9598@ur-cc.UUCP> kellogg@prodigal.psych.rochester.edu.UUCP (Lars Kellogg-Stedman) writes:
>A few questions about NovaTerm 9.1, which I finally got around to
>downloading yesterday:
>
>How does it manage to work at 2400 baud on a c64?  Well written machine
>language?

The RS232 routines from Transactor (Feb '89 issue) were used.

>Perhaps I've missed this in the manual, but - how can I  get a tilde
>character?  Have you ever tried using mush or mail without a tilde key?
>Blech!

The tilde key is displayed by hitting shift-up arrow.  This and other key
re-definitions are listed in the docs in section 3.8.1.

>What about cursor keys?  I'm using the ansi/80col terminal, and Emacs chokes
>on the cursor keys...

When you hit a cursor key in ANSI, it simply sends the ANSI code for cursor
up, down, left, or right, depending on what you hit.  This seemed to work
when I hooked my C-64 up to the IBM and typed cursor keys; the appropriate
cursor movement occurred on the IBM.  I don't know if it's different for
full-screen editors and such, I didn't have one available to test during
the summer.  I can check them out now that I am back at school with mainframe
access.

Nick

menace@fquest.fidonet.org (menace) (01/21/91)

is for the 64  or 128 in 64 mode... While I don't care for the term
myself, it does have some very good features.

me

The following opinions are my own and not those of anyone else who
might be registered on fquest.fidonet.org.  All flames can be sent to
alt.flames since we don't read that here.

grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu (01/24/91)

Does anyone know where i can find novaterm 9.1? I check out milton and they had
version 9.0.  :(   If anyone feel like just sending it to me, feel  free. If I
get more than one copy Ican always just delete the extras!!

Thanks in advance,

Tony

scott@uwav1.u.washington.edu (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan23.184626.2701@uoft02.utoledo.edu>, grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:
> Does anyone know where i can find novaterm 9.1? I check out milton and they had
> version 9.0.  :(   If anyone feel like just sending it to me, feel  free. If I
> get more than one copy Ican always just delete the extras!!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tony

Novaterm 9.1 can be found in Tolsun FTP site (128.214.5.6) in
the subdirectory:  "incoming/c64"

Sincerely,
Scott K. Stephen

halsema@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Halsema) (02/03/91)

     Thanks for all the replies about this terminal program.
It's great, except for one small thing.  I can't seem to get
the darned thing to work in vt100 emulation.  (It doesn't
like to clear the screen or print any tabs).  What modules do
I need to load?  Do I need to change some of the info in my
ASCII table?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  :)

Dave Halsema           halsema@mentor.cc.purdue.edu
Purdue University

nrossi@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Nick Rossi) (02/04/91)

In article <5064@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> halsema@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Halsema) writes:

>     Thanks for all the replies about this terminal program.
>It's great, except for one small thing.  I can't seem to get
>the darned thing to work in vt100 emulation.

The answer is to wait for version 9.2.  VT100 has been developed using a
VT-test program on the UNIX here.  80 column ANSI has been revised by taking
the VT100 emulator, adding color, and removing a few things like function
keys.  The version is being tested by beta-testers right now.

cs4344af@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Fuzzy Fox) (02/05/91)

In article <5064@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> halsema@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Halsema) writes:
>     Thanks for all the replies about this terminal program.
>It's great, except for one small thing.  I can't seem to get
>the darned thing to work in vt100 emulation.

Er, NovaTerm doesn't have VT100 emulation, I'm afraid.

--
begin 644 .signature
H5&AI<R!S<&%C92!U;FEN=&5N=&EO;F%L;'D@;&5F="!B;&%N:RX-"L1S