[comp.sys.cbm] Xmodem package for VMS

grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu (02/10/91)

In the article below, treesh@vangogh.helios.nd.edu writes:
> I had that problem too, but I found (with the help of some good people on the
> net) a execelet solution to the problem.  I was given a copy of a program
> called 'xmodem' that runs on the unix system.  With it, I can activate
> file transfers to my 64 via modem with the following protocols.
>
> XMODEM checksum
> XMODEM crc
> XMODEM 1k
> XMODEM modem7 batch
> YMODEM batch

I have the same software, but only for VMS running on V4.0 and higher. Complete
with VMS Help!  If anyone wants it for their vax account, send requests to my
account.

Tony

|Anthony Paul Schliesser 			GRX0644@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU|
|The University of Toledo			GRX0644@UOFT02.BITNET     |
|College of Pharmacy				FAC2966@UOFT01.UTOLEDO.EDU|
|						FAC2966@UOFT01.BITNET     |

In article <1991Feb9.162856.2856@uoft02.utoledo.edu>, grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:
>> XMODEM checksum
>> XMODEM crc
>> XMODEM 1k
>> XMODEM modem7 batch
>> YMODEM batch
>
> I have the same software, but only for VMS running on V4.0 and higher. Complete
> with VMS Help!  If anyone wants it for their vax account, send requests to my
> account.

I offered this package and I forgot to note that some files will be uuencoded
and then packed up in the vms_share files (its an auto-extract compression for
vms).

If you need a way to uudecode on the vax, I have the source  code in C (for
both uuencode and uudecode).

I plan to send out the packets via mail unless you specify a you wish to have
it sent via send/file/vmsdump......where I will then need a bitnet address.

I sent out the package to 2 people already....let me know how it come out on
your end.