[comp.sys.cbm] CP/M boot diskette

pstene@Lise.Unit.NO (Petter Stene) (02/02/91)

Howdy News!

I was wondering if anybody had a boot diskette for CP/M which I
could get a copy of... I have the module, but I managed to over-
write the diskette... So if anybody have a bootdiskette for it,
I'll be happy to hear from you...

    pstene@lise.unit.no

menace@fquest.fidonet.org (Dennis Little) (02/11/91)

pstene@Lise.Unit.NO (Petter Stene) writes:

> Howdy News!
>
> I was wondering if anybody had a boot diskette for CP/M which I
> could get a copy of... I have the module, but I managed to over-
> write the diskette... So if anybody have a bootdiskette for it,
> I'll be happy to hear from you...
>
>     pstene@lise.unit.no

If you get any replies to this one, let me know as I have about the same
problem (bought the used cart for $5 but no software for it that works.)

menace@cs.utexas.edu!dogface!meddle
menace@uudell!fquest

The following opinions are my own and not those of anyone else who
might be registered on fquest.fidonet.org.  All flames can be sent to
alt.flames since we don't read that here.

rickc@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Rick Clements) (02/13/91)

In article <ye66w1w162w@fquest.fidonet.org> menace@fquest.fidonet.org (Dennis Little) writes:
>pstene@Lise.Unit.NO (Petter Stene) writes:

>> I was wondering if anybody had a boot diskette for CP/M which I
>> could get a copy of... I have the module, but I managed to over-

>If you get any replies to this one, let me know as I have about the same
>problem (bought the used cart for $5 but no software for it that works.)

There is a version of CP/M for the C64 and a version for the C128.  The C128
doesn't need the cartrage.  I looked into CP/M when I had a C64, but someone
on the net had said it was flakey.  The C128 with a built in Z80 works great.

Commodore offers a set of utilities for CP/M.  (Some will run only on the C128
because they require CP/M 3.0)  It seams like they should stock the opperating
system also.

I saved the following address from the net.  It should get you close to some-
one who can help you.

Greg Givler                        Q-Link: Commodore
Telecommunications Coordinator     CompuServe: CBM/Support 76703,2047
Commodore Customer Support         INTERNET: givler@cbmvax.uucp
215-436-4200 (Support Line)        OR :::::: givler@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com

--
Rick Clements (RickC@pogo.WV.TEK.COM)