[comp.sys.cbm] Kermit 2.2 trouble

tomwalsh@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Thomas C. Walsh) (01/31/91)

I've been having some trouble with Kermit 2.2! When I use the Commodore128
screen driver (80 column RGB), I cannot type either the letter A or D.  I
press the key and nothing appears on the screen or goes to the modem.
This only happens in connect mode.  As you may imagine, This makes
dialing on a hayes compatible modem impossible.  Anyone else have this
problem??  Any comments, solution etc......

Thanks for any help

					Later dudes
					Tom Walsh

mpm@cbnews.att.com (michael.p.millar) (01/31/91)

From article <YW!&^W-@rpi.edu>, by tomwalsh@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Thomas C. Walsh):

> I've been having some trouble with Kermit 2.2! When I use the Commodore128
> screen driver (80 column RGB), I cannot type either the letter A or D.  I
> press the key and nothing appears on the screen or goes to the modem.
> This only happens in connect mode.  As you may imagine, This makes
> dialing on a hayes compatible modem impossible.  Anyone else have this
> problem??  Any comments, solution etc......
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> 					Later dudes
> 					Tom Walsh
Ahh...mebbe not the same problem  but I have something very similar happen
with my set-up (C64/1670 modem, Kermit2.2).  When I boot up Kermit
and enter connect mode, the "a" of my atdt 555-5555 does not appear
on the screen.  However, after I have entered all of the command and hit
return the modem does dial and everything operates fine inspite of the
fact that the a never appeared.  The funny thing about this is
after I terminate the connection and dial subsequent numbers, the "a"
of atdt will print on the screen! It's only that first number dialed
after boot up where I have this problem.  It drove me nuts at first
because I thought the program was hosed up but everything works just
fine so now ignore it.  BTW, I downloaded my copy from Q-Link. Perhaps
that is the problem.

8-bit forever,
Mike Millar
.

MLADAIR@MTUS5.BITNET (Phantom) (02/01/91)

Try checking to see if you have anything plugged into your joystick
ports.  I get the same problem whenever I leave anything plugged
into mine.
--

Internet:  MLADAIR@MTUS5.CTS.MTU.EDU
Bitnet: MLADAIR@MTUS5.BITNET

mford@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Mark Ford) (02/01/91)

From article <1991Jan31.143849.5157@cbnews.att.com>, by mpm@cbnews.att.com (michael.p.millar):
> with my set-up (C64/1670 modem, Kermit2.2).  When I boot up Kermit
> and enter connect mode, the "a" of my atdt 555-5555 does not appear
> on the screen.  However, after I have entered all of the command and hit
> return the modem does dial and everything operates fine inspite of the
> fact that the a never appeared.  The funny thing about this is

My copy of Kermit 2.2 does this as well.  (I got it from Q-link as well).
I found that if you hit return as soon as you go into connect mode, then
type atdt 555-5555 the 'a' will show up.  It isn't a big deal, as you said,
it works without hitting return first, it just looks funny without the echoed
'a'.

Mark.
(Anybody out there know of a GeoKermit?  I would like to get one!)

kentsu@microsoft.UUCP (Kent SULLIVAN) (02/05/91)

In article <YW!&^W-@rpi.edu> tomwalsh@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Thomas C. Walsh) writes:

>I've been having some trouble with Kermit 2.2! When I use the Commodore128
>screen driver (80 column RGB), I cannot type either the letter A or D.  I
>press the key and nothing appears on the screen or goes to the modem.
>This only happens in connect mode.  As you may imagine, This makes
>dialing on a hayes compatible modem impossible.  Anyone else have this
>problem??  Any comments, solution etc......

Many people have had problems like this, and in most cases the problem was
that they had an input device (usually a 1351 mouse) plugged into one of the
joystick ports.  Try unplugging it and see if that fixes it.  Also, if you
are using Kermit on a C-128D and you have a homebrew keyboard extension cable,
things won't work properly.  Try using just the standard cable.

Please let me know if you still have trouble.

Kent Sullivan
(Author of C-64/128 Kermit v2.2 User's Guide)
Microsoft Corporation

The opinions expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer.

PTS102@psuvm.psu.edu (02/20/91)

I just got Kermit 2.2 from the Milton site, and I'm having some trouble with
the vt100 emulation.  I am using a C128, and when I first log on to PSUVM
(Penn State), the keypad is defined as pf keys, buif I transfer a file,
when I return to connect mode the keypad is numbers, and the grey cursor
keys cease to function.  I lose my half of vt100 emulation.  I can't figure
out how to get my pf keys back, which sucks, because otherwise it's a good
program.

Pat Saxton- pts102@psuvm.psu.edu  +New, compact 50mpg sig-airbag not incl.+