[comp.sys.cbm] C128 CPM Mode, Good C-128 Terminals

cs4344af@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Fuzzy Fox) (02/12/91)

In article <59011@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v067qklp@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a good VT100 Emulating
>C-128 terminal program?  The one that came with the 1670 doesn't seem to do all
>that good with the escape codes on EDT on VMS (or EMACS or any other VT100
>requiring editors for that matter).

Use VT100-128 v2.1, which you can FTP from Milton.  It offers superb
VT100 emulation, esp. when combined with a 2400-baud RS-232 patch.  I
believe the Milton version does have this patch.

This program is an upgrade to the original one included with 1670
modems, and is vastly superior.

--
begin 644 .signature
H5&AI<R!S<&%C92!U;FEN=&5N=&EO;F%L;'D@;&5F="!B;&%N:RX-"L1S

kentsu@microsoft.UUCP (Kent SULLIVAN) (02/19/91)

In article <59011@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v067qklp@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Danielle T Mazzotta) writes:

>Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a good VT100 Emulating
>C-128 terminal program?  The one that came with the 1670 doesn't seem to do all
>that good with the escape codes on EDT on VMS (or EMACS or any other VT100
>requiring editors for that matter).

Try VT-100/128 v2.1 (an updated and vastly superior version of the program
you have used that came with the 1670), DesTerm 128 v2.0, Dialogue 128 v2.2
(commercial) or C-64/128 Kermit v2.2 (runs in 64 mode but can use the C-128's
extra speed and 80-col. screen).

>Second question is... has anyone found anything useful for the CPM mode of the
>128??  I figured if I got a CPM modem program perhaps I'd be able to find
>something useful for it... any advise or guidance here would be mucho
>appreciated.

QTERM is a great PD term for CP/M.  David Goodenough, the author, has a C-128
and has patched it to work for the C-128.  He has also patched it to work with
the SwiftLink-232 so that you go above 1200 bps.  You can contact David at:

...apple!well!wet!pallio!dg

Cheers,

Kent Sullivan
Microsoft Corporation

The opinions expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer.

cs4344af@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Fuzzy Fox) (02/22/91)

In article <1991Feb21.125633.25194@news.nd.edu> treesh@ircsun1.helios.nd.edu writes:
>I just got my hands on the term program called nova term 9.1.

If you have a C128, why would you bother using a C64 term like NovaTerm?
You should be using DesTerm.  It has VT100, it has ANSI, it has Xmodem,
Ymodem, Punter, it does up to 9600, it does script files, it uses RAM
disks, it can great 80-column support, ...  In short, it has everything
you could want!  Why fiddle with anything else?

--
David DeSimone, aka "Fuzzy Fox" on some networks.          /!/!
INET:    an207@cleveland.freenet.edu                      /  ..

piskacrj@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Robert J Piskac) (02/23/91)

In article <1991Feb22.080252.2059@evax.arl.utexas.edu>, cs4344af@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Fuzzy Fox) writes:
> In article <1991Feb21.125633.25194@news.nd.edu> treesh@ircsun1.helios.nd.edu writes:
> >I just got my hands on the term program called nova term 9.1.
>
> If you have a C128, why would you bother using a C64 term like NovaTerm?
> You should be using DesTerm.  It has VT100, it has ANSI, it has Xmodem,
> Ymodem, Punter, it does up to 9600, it does script files, it uses RAM
> disks, it can great 80-column support, ...  In short, it has everything
> you could want!  Why fiddle with anything else?

  I have one good reason why I use a c64 terminal program, Control S.
  If I try to upload a file with xmodem on Purdue's computer system
  and I send a Control S, everything comes to a stop.  Kermit handles
  control S.

  Thanks Ray Moody for all your hard work!!!

  piskacrj@mentor.cc.purdue.edu