[comp.sys.cbm] BBS Programs

gagnond@merrimack.edu (02/28/90)

Does anyone know of any good BBS programs for C-64? I want to set up a board &
I have EBBS & C-Net but they are about 3 years old and I don't know if there
are any updated versions or better programs.

Also, any good hard drives that can be used for C-64?

 ~   ~
(o) (o)
   ^
\_____/

David E. Gagnon
GAGNOND@MERRIMACK.EDU (Merrimack College , No. Andover, MA)

niobium@arrakis.nevada.edu (Chris Carlson) (03/15/90)

In article <90073.115336JLB119@psuvm.psu.edu> JLB119@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
   [Some inconsequential stuff deleted...]
>    Hey, if someone is looking for BBSs, they should look for GOOD ones.
>I've seen a lot of Commodore BBSs come and go, including a lot of different
>formats.   If you can find any, and I'm sure there are still a lot around,
>try to get your hands on Deadlock BBS Construction Kit, CMBBS, SCBBS, or
>Color 64 or 128.   All of these are Color/Graphics, some 2400 baud but all
>are 1200, Punter and XModem, mostly in BASIC for easy modification.
   [More stuff deleted...]
>    Another one that's pretty good is C-Net/DS-II.    I've never worked with
>it myself, but a lot of people have it.  However, you need AT LEAST two drives
>to make it any good.

Okay.  That's all fine and dandy.  BUT...

How many of the BBS programs you reccomend are shareware, PD, freeware, or what
have you, that would make it relatively simple for a person to get a hold of a
LEGAL copy for perusal?  In my case, that is an extremely important issue.

So.  Are any of the BBS's that you've mentioned above available via anonymous
ftp or through a mail-server?  If so, please post... I'm sure many people would
be very happy to hear about it.

Christopher W. Carlson -- niobium@nevada.edu | "Abandon all hope, ye who enter
---------------------------------------------|             here."
  The opinions expressed above are mine and  |
   mine alone, unless you agree with them.   |  --Dante Alighieri

CTuna@cup.portal.com (Image - BBS) (02/22/91)

I have the following Commodore 64 BBS programs for sale, all with
original serial numbered disks, and full documentation.  Most are
updated to newer versions now,  but most any of them would make a
good start for anyone who is just starting a BBS.

 BBS Program  Version   #   Notes
 AABBS         6.6C     1   (128)
 AABBS                  9   (64)
 CNET         11.1      1
 CNET         12.0      7
 CNET         DS-2      4
 CNET          2.5      1   (128)
 CNET         11.7      1   (NOT by Perspective Software)
 COLOR 64      7.3      1
 BBS CONST. SET         3
 EBBS          3.4      2
 SEQUEL                 1   (Two disks)
 IVORY         2.0      2
 IVORY         2.04     2
 XAVIAN BBS             1
 XAVIAN TERM            1
 I.C.E.        1.1      1
 I.C.E.        1.3      1
 PUNTER BBS   64.3      1   (IEEE Only)
 DW BBS        1.0      1
 ARB         738.0      1

I will sell any of the disks Postpaid for $5.00.  You may want to
know why I have all of these,  it is because my old company  (New
Image Software)  ran  a  trade-in  offer  for  IMAGE BBS  when we
started out,  and  these are  the trade-ins.  You should not have
any trouble  registering these copies if needed with the authors.
They were all legal, purchased copies.

CTuna@cup.portal.com (Image - BBS) (02/24/91)

Oooops.. since Portal is having problems with EMail, and I had a couple
to the guy who wanted the ARB program, (only one asked about that), yes
it is still available, and I'll hold it for you for a week.  Address and
phone number for anyone interested in buying any of these:

Don Gladden
PO Box 247
Fullerton, CA  92632
714-526-3270

I will also be selling a lot of C= hardware AND software in the next
couple weeks, and will list what I have to offer here.

treesh@bach.helios.nd.edu (02/26/91)

Don, if you have an CMD, LTK, or IEEE hardware for sale, let me know!

ctfm

<SYST8134@Ryerson.CA> (02/27/91)

I am interested in the Punter BBS program, is it still around???

Richard Bradley

root@zswamp.fidonet.org (Geoffrey Welsh) (02/28/91)

Richard Bradley (SYST8134@Ryerson.CA ) wrote:

 >I am interested in the Punter BBS program, is it still
 >around???

Hello, Richard!

   Steve has abandoned support for BBS64, but PunterNet lives in the form of
PC-PunterNet, an MS-DOS program.  There are still some C64 nodes, but
PunterNet features have been expanded, and BBS64 sites are at best second
class citizens on the net (which, BTW, hasn't experienced any net growth
since we were part of it!)

   Geoff

--
UUCP:     watmath!xenitec!zswamp!root | 602-66 Mooregate Crescent
Internet: root@zswamp.fidonet.org     | Kitchener, Ontario
Data:     (519) 742-8939              | (519) 741-9553
The mile is traversed not by a single leap, but by a procession of coherent
steps; those who insist on making the trip in a single element will be failing
long after you and I have discovered new worlds.        - me