[comp.sys.cbm] HELP!

drain@mcnc.UUCP (Jerome Drain) (11/12/87)

I was wondering if anyone out there(here, whatever) has the same
configuration as I do: I have 3 1541s, 1 1571, and 1 Blue Chip.
The problem is this: 1 of my 1541s is 8 another is 9 and the other is
a default 8, my 1571 is a 11, and the Blue Chip is default 8, now by
the software method I change the Blue Chip to 10 and the other 1541 to
12, however when I load up another program the drive 12 has no idea what
number it is and it does nothing.  But after I change the drive #s(software
method) and directory all the drives it works(drives 8-12 directory OK), but
when I go to load up the other program SHURE NUFF drive 12 is stupid(doesn't
work)! I know you can have more than the 4 drives the book speaks of(8-11),
I have seen it done before, but not sure how.  Is it something with the Blue
Chip or what?? I am posing a question: If I permanently change the other
1541 to 10, and then change the Blue Chip by the software method would
that help?? Oh well are you confused? Don't ask me I am confused to!!
Actually if anyone out there understands my problem PLEASE HELP!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
\Four score and seven years ago our....Forget it we are here now.\
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

wendi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Walter H. Dick) (07/27/89)

Does anyone out there have a BI-80 card or an 80 column card for a
Commodore 64 for sale?

~r.signature

wendi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Walter H. Dick) (07/27/89)

Does anyone out there have a BI-80 card or an 80 column card for a
Commodore 64 for sale?

*                                       *                                    *
*       Walter H. Dick, III             *       Programming Suggestions      *
*       CS Sophomore                    *                                    *
*       VAX/VMS systems                 *                 by                 *
*       German Department               *                                    *
*       Ball State University           *           < Lord Vader >           *
*       wendi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu            *                                    *
*                                       *                                    *

man44829@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Razorbone) (01/29/91)

    Now, this one takes the cake...

   I own a C128, and it is my personal computer.....

    I am trying to find a terminal program that works in the 40 col mode,
AS a c128, not a c64, and so I went looking through internet...

   This morning, I found Milton, which seems to be no big surprise to y'all...

   I downloaded a couple of files, including telnet, and drooled over the
unix file, but...DISASTER!

    My login is through a terminal server to the local mainframe...
After consulting with a staff friend, we decided that it might be possible to
force the info out through Kermit protocol----

  But Novaterm 9.1 doesnt HAVE Kermit...only x/y modem and punter...

 Does anyone have a suggestion as to a terminal to look for, or a way out of
this mess?

   I would be VERRRRy interested,  and email or post is acceptable...

  		THANX!   :>

  Live! Uncut!  IT'S the man44829@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu SHOW!  WOW!
  Get REAL, LIVE opinions!  Get Worthless Political Commentary!  WOW!
  Thrills!  Chills!  Spills!  Loads of fun! email $10 for hookup...

ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar) (01/30/91)

Hi!  I'm looking for a terminal program that has the following features:
Please tell me if such an animal exists.

1) Has vt10X terminal emulation

2) Has a buffer for capturing text

3) Supports 2400 baud (not really necessary)

4) Will simulate an 80 column screen on the c64 screen

Does such a thing exist?

--
Sean Ahern ----------- Purdue University --------- ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu
Purdue Students United for Victory:     |*   Support the USA in the Gulf   *|

hebertmi@EA.USL.EDU (01/31/91)

I use vt100c64 for reliability, but it has no buffer or u/d protocol.  Vtermite, which I got from Tolsun, would be GREAT, has almost everything you could ask for, but it seems every version I get has bugs in it- they all freeze up.  So I too am looking for a better vt emu for the 64... any more suggestions?

hebertmi@EA.USL.EDU (02/01/91)

Check out emulator.100 on the incoming / C64 dir at tolsun.oulu.fi

menace@fquest.fidonet.org (Dennis Little) (02/01/91)

> 1) Has vt10X terminal emulation

Yes, there are such terms, but I'm not sure what the name of them is.

> 2) Has a buffer for capturing text

Most of the terms out have some buffer with the largest for the 64 that I
know of being Darkterm with a 38k buffer, VERY good term, but last one I
saw had no VT 100 on it.

> 3) Supports 2400 baud (not really necessary)
>
> 4) Will simulate an 80 column screen on the c64 screen

I can tell you from personal use that 80 column only works decently on a
64 if you have a very good mono monitor and then it is only marginally
readable... I'd say unless this is a must, stick with 40 columns and have
it sent in 80.

me

> Does such a thing exist?

The following opinions are my own and not those of anyone else who
might be registered on fquest.fidonet.org.  All flames can be sent to
alt.flames since we don't read that here.

nos2235@dsacg2.dsac.dla.mil ( Thomas E Lariviere) (02/01/91)

From article <009437B2.EDAB25E0@EA.USL.EDU>, by hebertmi@EA.USL.EDU:
> I use vt100c64 for reliability, but it has no buffer or u/d protocol.  Vtermite, which I got from Tolsun, would be GREAT, has almost everything you could ask for, but it seems every version I get has bugs in it- they all freeze up.  So I too am looking for a better vt emu for the 64... any more suggestions?                                                                                                            Try finding Kermit 2.2 I just got it from Q-Link and am using it now it has a much more reada

ble font than vt100c64 (at least my version)      i(m not sure about 2400 baud.

All disclaimers apply because you never know who may be wathchin.

tjlee@iastate.edu (Tom Lee) (03/03/91)

In <4822@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar) writes:

>Hi!  I'm looking for a terminal program that has the following features:
>Please tell me if such an animal exists.

>1) Has vt10X terminal emulation

>2) Has a buffer for capturing text

>3) Supports 2400 baud (not really necessary)

>4) Will simulate an 80 column screen on the c64 screen

	I use Kermit 2.2, which fulfills conditions 1, 3, and 4.  I got a
program with my Aprotek modem that fulfills 1 and maybe 2 and 4 (never used
it).  Novaterm fulfills 2, 3, and 4.  I don't know of one that does all 4.

Tom "Wind-blowing-over-the-mountain" Lee  | BITNET:  TAB47@ISUVAX        |  /
           "The Lamplighter"              | Internet:  tjlee@iastate.edu | (o)
"Spring must strike again                 | or:  tab47@ccvax.iastate.edu |  /
 Against the shield of Winter."  -- Genesis, "Undertow"                  |Heya!