[comp.sys.cbm] Reading/Writing AmigaDOS or MSDOS disk with 1581?

JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu (03/01/91)

Is there a program available that will allow me to read and write AmigaDOS Disk
s or MSDOS disks with a 1581 drive and a C64?  Also can someone send me a list
of FTP sites for the C64.  Thanks

Jason Koszarsky, JBK4@PSUVM

cinf07@vlsi.polymtl.ca (Miguel Pedro et Louis Sabbat) (03/04/91)

In article <91060.072551JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu> JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>Is there a program available that will allow me to read and write AmigaDOS Disk
>s or MSDOS disks with a 1581 drive and a C64?  Also can someone send me a list
>of FTP sites for the C64.  Thanks

I believe BIG BLUE READER 64 will let you read MSDOS files with a 1581 (or a
1571). However, a 1541 can't be used because it doesn't support the MFM format.
If you have a 128, you can also use the 128 version.
I don't know about the 64 version, but the 128 version supports subdirectories.

I also remember seeing an add in RUN magazine about a program that would
read ATARI, MSDOS, MAC (and AMIGA, but not sure) files on a 1581. Sorry, the
name doesn't come to mind right now. I'll check it out and post the answer
later. It supported subdirectories even before BIG BLUE READER did.

I think I just remembered the name of the program. It's FORMAT EXECUTIVE.
Anybody has it?  Does it really support other computers ?

Here's my list of ftp sites:

milton.u.washington.edu (lots of stuff)
oswego.oswego.edu   (never really used it)
mars.ee.msstate.edu
tolsun.oulu.fi
vega.hut.fi
jyu.fi

That's all I have. Some sites may be out of date (Someone please correct me).

--
   Miguel Pedro
   (Send any E-mail to cinf07@info.polymtl.ca)