[comp.sys.cbm] hidden messages for C64?

c8923075@cc.newcastle.edu.au (02/27/91)

In article <39610@cup.portal.com>, llaria@cup.portal.com (Tracy M Wirs) writes:
> Hello...... me again.
>
> I remember seeing a post on finding a hidden message in the C128.  A friend
> of mine who has a C128, so I told him about it...... and his eyes almost
> popped out of his head!  hehehehe.....
> made him poke around his computer more......
>
> ANYWAY, I was thinking:  Is there such a message on the C64?  If so, where
> can I find it?

There's some ASC bytes of unknown purpose in my PAL C64, just below the
	6502 vector table (<$FFFA). I think it's "RRJ".

---   }`oo'{
	`'
	  Chris Baird
3rd year Undergrad @ Newcastle Uni
   C8923075@cc.newcastle.edu.au

russelrd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (MattBrockman) (02/27/91)

In article <9671.27cb95c9@cc.newcastle.edu.au> c8923075@cc.newcastle.edu.au writes:
>In article <39610@cup.portal.com>, llaria@cup.portal.com (Tracy M Wirs) writes:
>> I remember seeing a post on finding a hidden message in the C128.  A friend
>> of mine who has a C128, so I told him about it...... and his eyes almost
>> popped out of his head!  hehehehe.....
>> made him poke around his computer more......

Where is this hiddeen message (on the 128) and how
do I display it???

-Matt

lncjb@cc.newcastle.edu.au (02/28/91)

In article <9671.27cb95c9@cc.newcastle.edu.au>, c8923075@cc.newcastle.edu.au writes:
> In article <39610@cup.portal.com>, llaria@cup.portal.com (Tracy M Wirs) writes:
>> Hello...... me again.
>>
>> I remember seeing a post on finding a hidden message in the C128.  A friend
>> of mine who has a C128, so I told him about it...... and his eyes almost
>> popped out of his head!  hehehehe.....
>> made him poke around his computer more......
>>
>> ANYWAY, I was thinking:  Is there such a message on the C64?  If so, where
>> can I find it?
>>

> There's some ASC bytes of unknown purpose in my PAL C64, just below the
> 	6502 vector table (<$FFFA). I think it's "RRJ".

I checked this last night. The string is "RRBY" from $FFF6-FFF9.

I would have gotten this right first time, but some suit removed the last
	remaining C64 on campus and placed it in regions unknown (and also
	the last remaining Atari800 and MicroBee).

---               }`oo'{
                    `'
            Chris "Polar" Baird
Impoverished BSc Undergrad @ Newcastle Uni (OZ!)
         LNCJB@cc.newcastle.edu.au

llaria@cup.portal.com (Tracy M Wirs) (02/28/91)

hello.......  a note to Usenet people:

Portal has been down for the past day & a half...... so if you've been trying
to Email me & got nowhere, that's why!

They were upgrading their UUNET storage system......  if you want details,
I'll ask CS (customer service) to give you details.

llaria@cup.portal.com

llaria@cup.portal.com (Tracy M Wirs) (03/06/91)

I appreciate the ideas, gents, BUT.........

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!??????

I don't PROGRAM this dinosaur; I just play with it.......

what I meant as to WHERE I could find them is like.... what SYS command do I
type to FIND this?

llaria@cup.portal.com         <internet
uunet!cup.portal.com!llaria      <UUCP

FYI......  my 'friend' with the 128 is now my fiance       :>

you want me to pass along any programming tips for THAT machine, send 'em to
me & I'll pass them along......  HE'S the programmer, not I!  :>

llaria