[comp.sys.cbm] Wanted: GEOS 128 font editor

jph@cbnewsl.att.com (joseph.p.haggerty) (03/25/91)

Some time ago, it was suggested to me that the way to use a daisy-wheel
printer having a proportional font with geoWrite 2.1 was to change the
width information in an existing font.  Does anyone know of a suitable
font editor (and where it can be found) or even the format of GEOS font
files (I looked at one with a sector editor, but it didn't make much
sense; the GEOS 1.4 Programmer's Manual gives too little information).

				Joe Haggerty
				AT&T Bell Laboratories, Whippany, NJ
				attunix!whamr!jph

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (03/26/91)

jph@cbnewsl.att.com (joseph.p.haggerty) writes:

>                                        Does anyone know of a suitable
>font editor (and where it can be found) or even the format of GEOS font
>files

I've got a font editor by Jim Collette which I will upload and submit to
milton when I get a chance.  I know it runs under GEOS64, and am 99% sure
that it would run under GEOS128 in 40 columns, and there is a good chance
that it would run under GEOS128 in 80 columns.

As to the format of the font files: I don't have it on hand to check, but I
think the GEOS Programmer's Reference Guide contains information as to the
format of Font files.

-Rob Knop
rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu