[comp.sys.cbm] graphics format probs

XWUU@PURCCVM.BITNET (03/27/91)

I have been trying to find:
  1. file conversion program(s) that will convert common graphics
     formats to GEOS
  2. a source of artwork at FTP sites to convert to GEOS

I have found:
PIXELPACKER - doesn't do GEOS; can't get it to read many files, such as
              Doodle or PIX.

AutoGraph - doesn't do GEOS and won't recognize any of the files I have in
            Koala, Doodle, or PIX formats; sorry Fuzzy Fox - It just doesn't
            read anything I give it - in any format or file type.

Allpix 4.0 - doesn't do GEOS.  Makes a nice display show, but doesn't seem
             to convert the PIX to formats other programs recognize.

MacAttack II - does GEOS, but only from MacPaint format.  This would be OK if
               I could find a good source of Mac artwork (PD of course!)

Mac2Geos -   same as above.  BTW, the Christie Brinkley file that was included
             looked good enough to make my wife upset!

Does anyone know of other programs or artwork sources on the net (or easily
available)?

Thanks!
Kirk A. Janowiak
XWUU@PURCCVM

neusoft@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (03/29/91)

> I have been trying to find:
>   1. file conversion program(s) that will convert common graphics
>      formats to GEOS
>   2. a source of artwork at FTP sites to convert to GEOS
>
> I have found:
> PIXELPACKER - doesn't do GEOS; can't get it to read many files, such as
>               Doodle or PIX.
>
> AutoGraph - doesn't do GEOS and won't recognize any of the files I have in
>             Koala, Doodle, or PIX formats; sorry Fuzzy Fox - It just doesn't
>             read anything I give it - in any format or file type.
>
> Allpix 4.0 - doesn't do GEOS.  Makes a nice display show, but doesn't seem
>              to convert the PIX to formats other programs recognize.
>
> MacAttack II - does GEOS, but only from MacPaint format.  This would be OK if
>                I could find a good source of Mac artwork (PD of course!)
>
> Mac2Geos -   same as above.  BTW, the Christie Brinkley file that was included
>              looked good enough to make my wife upset!
>
> Does anyone know of other programs or artwork sources on the net (or easily
> available)?
>
> Thanks!
> Kirk A. Janowiak
> XWUU@PURCCVM

Somewhere in my archives I have a GIF->Geopaint converter, but this is probably
not what your looking for.  I got it via FTP, but I honestly don't remember
where (if someone stumbles accross it, could you let Kirk know???), otherwise,
I could UUENCODE it and mail it if you wish (leave some Email if interested).

-Mike
neusoft@vax1.mankato.msus.edu

mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca (Marc Roussel) (04/02/91)

In article <1991Mar28.183709.388@vax1.mankato.msus.edu> Kirk A. Janowiak
writes:
>> I have been trying to find:
>>   1. file conversion program(s) that will convert common graphics
>>      formats to GEOS
[long list of programs he knows about deleted]

Look around for something called (I think) Picshow.  It's public domain
(I think).  It does several conversions including some of the ones you're
missing.

				Marc R. Roussel
                                mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca