[comp.sys.cbm] Where can I buy Power C ?

michael@jewell.uucp (Michael Brady) (03/29/91)

The subject sums it up.  I've tried just about every store in town.

I have Super C, by Abacus, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it.

Thanks to any who respond.
--
Michael K. Brady, 3421 Old Vineyard Road, Apt. D-18, Winston-Salem, NC  27103
Home (919) 768-7822  Work (919) 773-0411

luce@aurs01.UUCP (J. Luce) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Mar28.203858.3866@jewell.uucp> michael@jewell.uucp (Michael Brady) writes:
>The subject sums it up.  I've tried just about every store in town.
>
>I have Super C, by Abacus, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it.
>
>Thanks to any who respond.

Sorry to say, Power C was pulled from the market by Spinnaker who has
gone MSDOS (They 'owned' the Better Working label). It is superior in
many respects over Super C, documentation *NOT* being one of those
points :)  I have talked to a few people at Spinnaker about Power C but
I fear it is locked away forever, they do not want to support it (and I
am not sure if they can let anyone else have it either).

Therefore, by the Rule of Disappearing Support, I rule Power C to be a
de facto Public Domain Entity and thus copyable by any one without
recourse ...

But then I could be wrong, too  :)