[comp.sys.cbm] "Milton site" - how about a full IP address???

birchall@pilot.njin.net (Official Random) (04/03/91)

kay, so everything I would ever want for my c-128 is at the mythical mystical
MILTON site.   Could someone in NJ, PA, or Ohio mail me the address for it?
(I don't want 3 million replies, thus the geography lesson)

-shag
 Dan (Shag) Birch
NIJN/sRut
utgers/NJIN Official

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (04/03/91)

birchall@pilot.njin.net (Official Random) writes:

>kay, so everything I would ever want for my c-128 is at the mythical mystical
>MILTON site.

Well... actually, Matthew Desmond's Mac emulator for the 128 isn't there.  :)

(I know, I know, the obvious answer is, why would you want a Mac emulator???)

-Rob Knop
rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu

birchall@pilot.njin.net (Official Random) (04/03/91)

Why would I want a Mac emulator?  Everyone knows GEOS-128 is superior :)

[Everyone wonders why GeoWorks feels so obliged to pull all extant copies of
GEOS and GEOS-128 from shelves now that they are marketing PC-GEOS]

*sigh*

GDS-128 (the gif viewer by MeEric on Qlink) is nice. I'm glad I didn't have to
pay Qlink to get it.... *snirg*

sh
 Dan (Shag) Birch
NIJN/sRut
utgers/NJIN Official

XWUU@PURCCVM.BITNET (04/04/91)

(paraphrase)..."now that they are marketing their PC product"...

Has anyone seen a "market copy" of the GeoWorks program for the PC?
I have only seen test reviews in a number of mags and the bundled
program that comes with the LASER company PC clones.  I have never seen
it available in a software shop or mail order.  I'm also ticked that
Berkely has seemingly abandoned the Commodore market.  Are they still
monitoring Q-Link, or have they jumped ship there as well?

Kirk A. Janowiak
XWUU@PURCCVM

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (04/05/91)

XWUU@PURCCVM.BITNET writes:

>                                                I'm also ticked that
>Berkely has seemingly abandoned the Commodore market.  Are they still
>monitoring Q-Link, or have they jumped ship there as well?

Berkeley does still have several "Georeps" answering questions on Q-Link,
so it is still possible to get official support.  Of course, you have to
pay $10 a month plus usage over 1 hour.

I pay most attention to the programming boards on Q-Link, and aside from the
Georep (Jim Collette) on the board, there are several quite knowledgeable
users out there who help others out.  The same sort of thing goes on on this
board.  So even if Berkeley cuts us off, for at least some time we won't be
floating completely on our own.

-Rob Knop
rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu