[comp.sys.cbm] "Milton site" - how about a full IP

72560.3467@CompuServe.COM (Howard Herman) (04/05/91)

To:   >INTERNET comp-sys-cbm@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: comp.sys.cbm

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) writes:

>Berkeley does still have several "Georeps" answering questions on Q-Link,
>so it is still possible to get official support.

Hmmm..  Is Georep (Jim Collette) a representative of Berkeley?

I know that Jim wrote geoWizard, (and other Geos applications and utilities),
and set up his own company to market it, and other things he continues to
write.

However, I thought that Jim also attends high school full time.

---
Howard Herman
INET:  72560.3467@CompuServe.COM

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (04/06/91)

72560.3467@CompuServe.COM (Howard Herman) writes:
>Hmmm..  Is Georep (Jim Collette) a representative of Berkeley?

>I know that Jim wrote geoWizard, (and other Geos applications and utilities),
>and set up his own company to market it, and other things he continues to
>write.

>However, I thought that Jim also attends high school full time.

This is all true.  Jim is an online representative of Berkeley, although I
think he does some a little idle programming for them as well (things like
Cofigure 2.1, the configure utility that supports REU's >512K, which is
in the "BSW applicatins" software library on Q-Link, and might be at milton).
Most of the stuff he does is on Q-Link, although I have inferred that he is
able to quickly contact Berkeley to ask questions of the original gods of
GEOS.  He was also the one who released the Debugger 2.0 for Berkeley,
although he didn't write that.  On top of this, he does a large amount of
programming himself (e.g. GeoWizard), and is a high school student.  I don't
know how he does it- heck, the rate he can successfully write programs by
itself, never mind having other things to do during the day, impresses me.

-Rob Knop
rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu