[comp.sys.cbm] How do I view "GEOPROGINFO.ARC"?

hamilton@brahms.udel.edu (Andrew W Hamilton) (04/29/91)

I downloaded the file "GEOPROGINFO.ARC" and tried to uncompress it with
Archive 2.5 but got a "disk full" message.  I don't see how it is possible
to uncompress this file with a 1541 drive, since Archive puts the uncompressed
files on the same disk as the compressed ones.  The size of the uncompressed
files and the original file together exceed 664 blocks.  Anyone successfully
uncompress this file with a 1541?

By the way, has anyone read those files?  Is it even worth my time to try to
get them?  They sounded interesting, anyway.

J. P. Grenert
hamilton@brahms.udel.edu

desimone@cse.uta.edu (David Desimone) (05/01/91)

In article <20899@brahms.udel.edu> hamilton@brahms.udel.edu (Andrew W Hamilton) writes:
>I downloaded the file "GEOPROGINFO.ARC" and tried to uncompress it with
>Archive 2.5 but got a "disk full" message.  I don't see how it is possible
>to uncompress this file with a 1541 drive, since Archive puts the uncompressed
>files on the same disk as the compressed ones.  The size of the uncompressed
>files and the original file together exceed 664 blocks.  Anyone successfully
>uncompress this file with a 1541?

You will probably need access to a 1571, since the archive contains
about 700 or so blocks of text.  However, they are not all in one file,
so you could conceivably un-archive a few files at a time (read your
manual!) onto separate disks.

ARC also allows you to extract files to a different drive than the one
containing the .ARC.

>By the way, has anyone read those files?  Is it even worth my time to try to
>get them?  They sounded interesting, anyway.

If you are going to program in GEOS, it would behoove you to read the
files.  If you are just using GEOS, they will probably not interest you.

--
David DeSimone, aka "Fuzzy Fox" on some networks.          /!/!
INET:    an207@cleveland.freenet.edu                      /  ..