cinf07@vlsi.polymtl.ca (Miguel Pedro et Louis Sabbat) (04/30/91)

In article <jw554s968.9296@sycom.UUCP> jw554s968@sycom.UUCP (Jim Waleke) writes:
>Is there anyway to have sound outputed
>through the RGB port of the 128.  I
>heard that I would need speakers or
>another TV to get sound and the RGB
>would only output color and 80 columns
>to the monitor.

No. The RGB connector is only used for the RGBI signals (red, green, blue,
intensity) and for the sync signals (both horizontal and vertical). All
the pins are already used.

The sound only comes out through pin 3 of the video connector (40 columns).

I have a 1902 monitor. So even if I'm in 80 columns, the sound still comes
out because both connectors are plugged to my monitor.

--
   Miguel Pedro
   (Send any E-mail to cinf07@info.polymtl.ca)

desimone@cse.uta.edu (David Desimone) (05/01/91)

In article <jw554s968.9296@sycom.UUCP> jw554s968@sycom.UUCP (Jim Waleke) writes:
>Is there anyway to have sound outputed
>through the RGB port of the 128.

Why?  The sound still comes out of the 40-column video port, even if you
switch to 80 columns. Just connect the audio jack to your speakers or
your sound input on the monitor, and don't connect the video jack to
anything, unless you have a composite monitor.

--
David DeSimone, aka "Fuzzy Fox" on some networks.          /!/!
INET:    an207@cleveland.freenet.edu                      /  ..