[comp.sys.cbm] c64/128 rs232 interface plans.

gathings@duncan.cs.utk.edu (Golando Gathings) (05/04/91)

I designed an interface kit that is simple to construct and will give one
the following rs232 interface signals :

	TXD (transmit data )
	RXD (receive data  )
	GND (signal ground )
	CD  (carrier detect)

for most purposes, these are all of the signals you will need for establishing
most serial links.  To get a full set of plans for the kit , you can send
$5 with a SASE to :

	Golando Gathings
	1501 Highland Ave
	Knoxville, TN 37916

kolstad@jomby.cs.wisc.edu (Joel Kolstad) (05/06/91)

In article <1991May4.135132.13102@cs.utk.edu> gathings@duncan.cs.utk.edu (Golando Gathings) writes:
>I designed an interface kit that is simple to construct and will give one
>the following rs232 interface signals :
>
>	TXD (transmit data )
>	RXD (receive data  )
>	GND (signal ground )
>	CD  (carrier detect)
>
>for most purposes, these are all of the signals you will need for establishing
>most serial links.  To get a full set of plans for the kit , you can send
>$5 with a SASE to :
>
>	Golando Gathings
>	1501 Highland Ave
>	Knoxville, TN 37916

Or, don't bother giving this leech any money, and get plans for something like
this at many FTP sites.

Geez.  Really... a circuit such as this takes all of about 30 minutes to
think out, design, and _build_ a prototype of.

A SASE and a reasonable copying cost is OK with me.  But $5 is definitely
too high to pay someone for making a few Xeroxes and stuffing envolopes.
How much does this guy think his time is worth?

						---Joel Kolstad
						kolstad@jomby.cs.wisc.edu

Go ahead.  Flame me.  Make my day. :-)