[comp.sys.cbm] ** Power Up Offer **

JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu (05/06/91)

For those of you who own C64/128s and were considering upgrading to an Amiga I
have something that may interest you.  I received this response to my inquiry c
oncerning Commodore's Power Up Offer.

All dealers should have information on this, but this is what the
pamphlet my dealer says:

THE AMIGA POWER UP PROGRAM

Target Market: Commodore and Amiga CPU owners.

The Offer: From now until June 30th, 1991, when a customer submits an
acceptable proof of ownership of a VIC20, C64/C128/A500/A1000/A2000 series
machine, they will qualify to receive a discount from MSRP on a
A3000 16/50, A3000 25/50, A3000 25/100 from their local dealer. This
program has been created to recognize the desire on the part of many
of our current users to own the most powerful Commodore products. In
addition, the program recognizes the value of the current owner's previous
investments.

CPU             MSRP    UserDis.   User Pays
A3000 16/50    $2999     $1150     $1849
A3000 25/50    $3499     $1250     $2249
A3000 25/100   $4699     $1500     $3199
NOTE: Prices are subject to dealer participation.

Time Frame: April 18th thru June 30, 1991.

*The only acceptable customer proof of ownership of a qualifying
unit is the original front cover of their CPU manual with the serial
number of the unit written on it.  Note: No photocopies will be accepted.

*The Power-Up! end-user discounts cannot be used in combination with
any other promotion program from CBM; Example; no additional allowance
for education, dealers/purchasers.  Any applicable taxes are not included.

I think that it's a great deal for those of you who are interested in
upgrading to Amiga.  I would have posted something sooner but I only found out
yesterday.

Jason Koszarsky, JBK4@PSUVM

JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu (05/06/91)

Sorry about making another posting.  I hadn't realized that someone else had al
ready done so.

Jason Koszarsky, JBK4@PSUVM

zaphod@cs.umu.se (Claes Fransson) (05/07/91)

In article <91125.235552JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu> JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

>The Offer: From now until June 30th, 1991, when a customer submits an
>acceptable proof of ownership of a VIC20, C64/C128/A500/A1000/A2000 series
>machine, they will qualify to receive a discount from MSRP on a
>A3000 16/50, A3000 25/50, A3000 25/100 from their local dealer. This
>
>Jason Koszarsky, JBK4@PSUVM

I've got two questions in regard of this,
1) Is it valid in sweden too ?
2) I've got a PET and not one of those comp's above. Does it still apply ?

    Email:   | Claes Fransson a lowly undergrad of Comp.Sci at Umea University
zaphod@cs.umu.se|Blind faith in your leaders or in anything will get you killed