[comp.sys.cbm] More Dips

luce@aurs01.UUCP (J. Luce) (05/03/91)

I just bought a used C128 system that came with a Xetec Jr. Super
Graphics (or something similar, but it *IS* the Jr.) interface. Anyone
want to rattle off the litany of the what each dipswitch does? Thanks.

John Luce               | Life is the leading cause of death
Alcatel Network Systems | -----------------------------------------
Raleigh, NC             | Standard Disclaimer Applies
919-850-6787            | Mail? Here? Try aurs01!aurw46!luce@mcnc.org
-------------------------------- or John.Luce@f130.n151.z1.fidonet.org

mford@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Mark Ford) (05/05/91)

From article <59790@aurs01.UUCP>, by luce@aurs01.UUCP (J. Luce):
> I just bought a used C128 system that came with a Xetec Jr. Super
> Graphics (or something similar, but it *IS* the Jr.) interface. Anyone
> want to rattle off the litany of the what each dipswitch does? Thanks.

The external dip switch settings on the Xetec Super Graphix Jr. are as
follows:

Pin 1:    down - NLQ off
          up   - NLQ on

Pin 2:    down - Auto line feed
          up   - no auto line feed

Pin 3-4:  down down - 1525 Emulation
          up   down - Super Graphix jr
          down up   - ASCII conversion
          up   up   - Transparent

Pin 5-7:  down down down - Epson, Panasonic, Riteman
          up   down down - Gemini 10X, Delta, SG-10
          down up   down - Okidata
          up   up   down - Prowriter, Siekosha, NEC-8023
          down down up   - GX-100, Banana, MPS-801
          up   down up   - Legend, Blue Chip (M120/10)
          down up   up   - 132 column Epson or Panasonic
          up   up   up   - Daisy Wheel (graphics disabled)

Pin 8:    down - device number 4
          up   - device number 5

If you have a good printer, just set the Super Graphix Jr. to transparent
and the printer type (pins 5-7) and let the printer take care of everything.
If your printer doesn't have NLQ (near letter quality) then set the mode
(pins 3-4) to Super Graphix Jr. and the NLQ pin 1 to on and the printer will
print in fairly nice type depending on the printer you have.

I have used mine on a Copal SC-100 with excellent results.  I also used it
on a Gemini 10X.  The Gemini didn't have quite as good NLQ as the Copal, but it
was better than draft Gemini print.  I now have a Citizen 200GX with color
option added, (gosh I have an expensive hobby!).  The Citizen has its own
NLQ fonts built in so I don't use the Super Graphix Jr. NLQ mode.

Hope this helps.  Any questions, just ask.

Mark.
mford@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu

c_s245010114@stat.appstate.edu (05/11/91)

In article <59790@aurs01.UUCP>, luce@aurs01.UUCP (J. Luce) writes:
> I just bought a used C128 system that came with a Xetec Jr. Super
> Graphics (or something similar, but it *IS* the Jr.) interface. Anyone
> want to rattle off the litany of the what each dipswitch does? Thanks.

> John Luce               | Life is the leading cause of death
> Alcatel Network Systems | -----------------------------------------
> Raleigh, NC             | Standard Disclaimer Applies
> 919-850-6787            | Mail? Here? Try aurs01!aurw46!luce@mcnc.org
>                         |        or ...!mcnc!aurgate!luce
> -------------------------------- or John.Luce@f130.n151.z1.fidonet.org

I believe the 128 resting in piece (pun intended) at home in Raleigh has one of
those dangling off the end.  How about calling me at home some time this summer
and I can read the manual to you.  Or walk over to my dad's office (850-5206)
and ask him for a copy of the manual -- I'm sure he'd give you one...
/______/                 /_/|     /_/|            Scott E. Schnegelberger
/_____/  |/___/ \____/   \____/   \____/        C_S245010114@appstate.bitnet