[comp.sys.cbm] Where can you buy chips?

halsema@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Halsema) (05/08/91)

I posted earlier about having problems with my 1541.  It
just kept on spinning and never stopped when I turned it on.
Well, with the help of a kind person on the net I found
the bad chip that was the culprit.  It has this number on it

901229-05

Where can I get another one?  Thanks in advance!

Dave Halsema           halsema@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

aalonzo@eagle.wesleyan.edu (05/13/91)

In article <12031@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, halsema@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Halsema) writes:
> I posted earlier about having problems with my 1541.  It
> just kept on spinning and never stopped when I turned it on.
> Well, with the help of a kind person on the net I found
> the bad chip that was the culprit.  It has this number on it
>
> 901229-05
>
> Where can I get another one?  Thanks in advance!
> --

> Dave Halsema           halsema@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

Dave -
	JAMECO Electronics is a good source for all types of chips.  They do
carry the Commodore series of chips that includes most ROMs, PALs, and most all
of the specialized chips for the 64 as well as the VIC20.  The chip you are
looking for is listed as "UPGRADE ROM for 1541 Disk Drive", the price - a
whopping $9.95!!!.  Give them a call, they are good people and a valuable
resource, we have been using them here for years.  (For an additional $.50, you can get a spec sheet for any chip they
sell.)
			Jameco Electronics
			1355 Shoreway Road
			Belmont, CA. 94002
			Order Line (415) 592-8097
			Fax (415) 592-2503

						Good Luck.

Allen Alonzo,  Computer Service Supervisor
Wesleyan University
Middletown, CT. 06459