[comp.sys.cbm] Upgrade 1571

geert@ahds.UUCP (Geert W.T. Jonkheer CCS/TS) (05/06/91)

I read about a month ago that there was an upgrade
for the 1571 drive concerning the slow behaviour by
writing a file on side 2 of the disk in the drive.

Where to get this upgrade, because my drive behaves exactly
like this. The problem occurs only by writing a file
to side 2, reading is as fast as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Geert.

72560.3467@CompuServe.COM (Howard Herman) (05/14/91)

To:   >INTERNET comp-sys-cbm@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: comp.sys.cbm

geert@ahds.UUCP (Geert W.T. Jonkheer CCS/TS) writes:

>I read about a month ago that there was an upgrade
>for the 1571 drive concerning the slow behaviour by
>writing a file on side 2 of the disk in the drive.
>
>Where to get this upgrade, because my drive behaves exactly
>like this. The problem occurs only by writing a file
>to side 2, reading is as fast as possible.

There are two ways to get the upgrade ROMs:

[1]  Purchase the JiffyDos fast disk access sys from Creative Micro Designs,
which will include the upgrade ROM, or

[2]  Purchase part number 310654-05 from Commodore.  The cost is $6.65, plus
$3.50 shipping.
Howard Herman
INET:  72560.3467@CompuServe.COM