[comp.sys.cbm] error in Novaterm 9.2, third archive

nrossi@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Nick Rossi) (05/16/91)

It seems that Murphy's Law has struck me in the butt once again.

An error in the third archive of Novaterm 9.2 has been discovered.
(in the file "nova9.2-3.sda").  I have sent off a message and the CORRECTED
archive file to Scott Stephen at Milton.  Hopefully, he will replace the
file in the next day or two.

If you have retrieved Novaterm from Milton before May 17 or 18, you have
the archive with an error in one of the files (even though it dissolved
properly).  Go and get the file "nova9.2-3.sda" again.  If you have
distributed this file anywhere, please inform the sysop of whatever BBS
you sent it to.  Fortunately, Novaterm hasn't made it to the public
libraries on Quantum-link and GEnie yet, so I was able to avert that
disaster.

I apologize for this inconvenience.  This always seems to happen when a new
version of Novaterm comes around.

 ------------------------------        +---------------------------------+
        Nick Rossi, '93                |              SONY               |
 ------------------------------        |                                 |
      Harvey Mudd College              |   Because caucasians are just   |
 (ooo HELL is a place on earth)        |         too damn tall.          |
 ------------------------------        +---------------------------------+

nrossi@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Nick Rossi) (05/16/91)

Almost forgot - I will post a note here as soon as Scott informs me that
the file has been updated.

Nick

nrossi@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Nick Rossi) (05/17/91)

In article <12133@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> nrossi@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Nick Rossi) writes:

>Almost forgot - I will post a note here as soon as Scott informs me that
>the file has been updated.

>Nick

Scott Stephen has replaced the problem file with the corrected
"nova9.2-3.sda".  If you have downloaded Novaterm 9.2 from Milton before
May 16, go and get this file again.

Nick