[comp.sys.cbm] How to get software from ftpsites>c64?

pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) (05/23/91)

Like the subject says: How do other people
get their ftp'ed things from the ftpsite
to the c64?
I only have the following procedure -
ftp -> pcdisk -> Amiga >(nullmodem) > C64.

Is there like a program for the I*M-PC, that
will write c64 disks or something like that?

(I know about hooking a 1541 up with the Amiga,
but forget about that(for me, anyway)).
--
From the notorious
                      Jakob Gaardsted, Computer Science Department

desimone@cse.uta.edu (David DeSimone) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May22.180442.10065@daimi.aau.dk> pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) writes:
>Like the subject says: How do other people
>get their ftp'ed things from the ftpsite
>to the c64?
>I only have the following procedure -
>ftp -> pcdisk -> Amiga >(nullmodem) > C64.
>
>Is there like a program for the I*M-PC, that
>will write c64 disks or something like that?

I do FTP -> (modem) -> IBM -> (floppy) -> C128.

I download my stuff at 2400 baud to the IBM, then put the data on 360K
floppy and read it on the C128 with "Big Blue Reader" by SOGWAP
Software.  This program allows reading of IBM 360K disks on a C64 or
C128, but only if you have a 1571.  I heard that you can also read 720K
3.25" disks with the 1581, but not quite as well.  Still, it's a pretty
cool program, but a 1541 can NOT do it.

--
David DeSimone, aka "Fuzzy Fox" on some networks.          /!/!
INET:    an207@cleveland.freenet.edu                      /  ..

dw3w+@andrew.cmu.edu (Database Work) (05/23/91)

> Like the subject says: How do other people get their ftp'ed things
> from the ftpsite to the c64?

Have you considered just putting your C64 on the net?  :-)  But
seriously, you can forget about getting a PC to write a C64 diskette.
What I do is just use a commodore modem and download directly to the
C64 (using novaterm, or somesuch).  There are many PD Xmodem programs
for unix systems.

root@zswamp.uucp (Geoffrey Welsh) (05/24/91)

In a letter to All, Jakob G}rdsted (pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk ) wrote:

 >Like the subject says: How do other people
 >get their ftp'ed things from the ftpsite
 >to the c64?
 >I only have the following procedure -
 >ftp -> pcdisk -> Amiga >(nullmodem) > C64.

 >Is there like a program for the I*M-PC, that
 >will write c64 disks or something like that?

 >(I know about hooking a 1541 up with the Amiga,
 >but forget about that(for me, anyway)).

   How about the obvious: dialing in with a modem and downloading using
Kermit or XMODEM?

--
Geoffrey Welsh - Operator, Izot's Swamp BBS (FidoNet 1:221/171)
root@zswamp.uucp or ..uunet!watmath!xenitec!zswamp!root

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (05/27/91)

root@zswamp.uucp (Geoffrey Welsh) writes:

>In a letter to All, Jakob G}rdsted (pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk ) wrote:
> >Is there like a program for the I*M-PC, that
> >will write c64 disks or something like that?

>   How about the obvious: dialing in with a modem and downloading using
>Kermit or XMODEM?

My guess is: no CBM modem.

There does exist a program for the C-64 that will read I*M-PC disks, The
Big Blue REader, from Sogwap Software.

-Rob Knop
rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu

mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca (Marc Roussel) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.002432.26164@nntp-server.caltech.edu>
rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) writes:
>>In a letter to All, Jakob G}rdsted (pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk ) wrote:
>> >Is there like a program for the I*M-PC, that
>> >will write c64 disks or something like that?
>
>There does exist a program for the C-64 that will read I*M-PC disks, The
>Big Blue REader, from Sogwap Software.

It should be mentioned that Big Blue Reader will only work with a 1571
or 1581 disk drive.

				Marc R. Roussel
                                mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca