[comp.sys.cbm] Hello!

stephen.dirschauer@canremote.uucp (STEPHEN DIRSCHAUER) (06/17/89)

 Hi Kevin,

Where have you been hiding yourself lately? I haven't talked to you for
a month. So, how are things?

Pool of Radiance has been placed on my "to-do" pile. Just waiting for
school to end. Then I'll have the time. :)

Well, I'll talk to you later, eh?

 Bye for now,

   Stephen

 * QNet 1.03a2: Canada Computer Systems   (416) 626-8800  Toronto, Canada

ericf@seer.UUCP (Eric Findley) (05/27/91)

Hello, I am new to this system, so bear with my mistakes.
I use an IBM AT and a Commodore 1 128, but my heart
is with the Commodore.  Anyway, is there a program
available out there that will convert a PRG file to the
ascii characters and then back to the PRG format??

Again, please excuse my messy message, in the future,
my messages will look neater.  I promise.

Thanks.
Eric Findley
(sorry I don't have a .signature file)
ericf@seer.mystic.com

grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu (05/27/91)

In article <873@seer.UUCP>, ericf@seer.UUCP (Eric Findley) writes:
> Hello, I am new to this system, so bear with my mistakes.
> I use an IBM AT and a Commodore 1 128, but my heart
> is with the Commodore.  Anyway, is there a program
> available out there that will convert a PRG file to the
> ascii characters and then back to the PRG format??

Yes, there is!!  UUENCODE and UUDECODE may do what you ask.  It converts all
bytes to printable ascii characters. Maybe someone could post the programs to
the news group (Hint Hint!!)

> Again, please excuse my messy message, in the future,
> my messages will look neater.  I promise.

Don't worry about it.....we were are all new to this at one time too.

|Anthony Paul Schliesser 			GRX0644@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU|
|The University of Toledo			GRX0644@UOFT02.BITNET     |
|College of Pharmacy				FAC2966@UOFT01.UTOLEDO.EDU|
|						FAC2966@UOFT01.BITNET     |

randy@athena.mit.edu (Randall W Winchester) (05/28/91)

In article <873@seer.UUCP> ericf@seer.UUCP (Eric Findley) writes:
>Hello, I am new to this system, so bear with my mistakes.
>I use an IBM AT and a Commodore 1 128, but my heart
>is with the Commodore.  Anyway, is there a program
>available out there that will convert a PRG file to the
>ascii characters and then back to the PRG format??
>
>Again, please excuse my messy message, in the future,
>my messages will look neater.  I promise.
>
>Thanks.
>Eric Findley
>(sorry I don't have a .signature file)
>ericf@seer.mystic.com

Eric,

To convert a BASIC program to a sequential file, do the following in
direct mode:

	OPEN 2,dn,2, "filename,S,W":CMD 2:LIST

where dn = the drive number, filename = the name of the file with
which you want to save the listing.

After the drive stops, enter the following, also in direct mode:

	PRINT#2:CLOSE2

The resulting SEQuential file is in PETSCII.  To convert it to ASCII,
use KeyDOS Utility, which can be obtained via ftp from the Milton ftp
site:

Files: keydos128v2.sfx and kdutils2.sfx
Host: milton.u.washington.edu (128.95.136.1)
Directory: /public/download/c128current

The easiest way to turn a SEQ listing back into a program is to use
the Batch File Execute function key definition from keydos128v2.sfx.

KeyDOS and KeyDOS utilities are also available on a function ROM that
can be installed in the 128's empty ROM socket.  Send me email for
more information.

*  Randy Winchester  *  randy@mit.edu  *  PO Box 1074, Cambridge, MA  02142   *

72560.3467@CompuServe.COM (Howard Herman) (05/28/91)

To:   >INTERNET comp-sys-cbm@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: comp.sys.cbm

grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu (Anthony Paul Schliesser) writes:

>Yes, there is!!  UUENCODE and UUDECODE may do what you ask.  It converts all
>bytes to printable ascii characters. Maybe someone could post the programs to
>the news group (Hint Hint!!)

I've been using the UUcoder.prg written by Fuzzy Fox, which will do both
encode and decode, in 64 mode.  It is in ML, 9 cbm blocks, and extremely fast.
Everything either encodes, or decodes on a RamLink in one second.  Maybe less,
it is hard to tell.

The only way to post this to the newsgroup would be to post the encoded
version that UUcoder does of itself.  Are you beginning to see the prob here?

The post could be decoded by those already having UUcoder, and I quess on any
other computer platform, and then ported over to a cbm machine.

I'll gladly e-mail a copy to anyone requesting it.  Or, if a number of
requests, then send it along as a post.
Howard Herman
INET:  72560.3467@CompuServe.COM