[comp.sys.cbm] cpowerc 64

"alex burger" <alex.burger@canrem.uucp> (05/28/91)

I am having trouble compiling CASSM, the ML assembler for CPowerC 64.

I compiled all the files using CC, and tried LINKing them, but I got the
error message 'TOO MUCH CODE TO LINK'.  I don't understand why this
would happen, as I followed the directions included with the file.

If ANYONE has been able to compile the assembler, then please reply.  I
need it to upgrade CPowerC to work with the RAMDisk.

Alex
--
Canada Remote Systems.  Toronto, Ontario
NorthAmeriNet Host

"alex burger" <alex.burger@canrem.uucp> (05/29/91)

I managed to get CASSM assembled, along with the SHELLRAM which allows
CPower 64 to use RAMDOS as a drive, but I ran into another problem.

To use RAMDOS and a real drive, you must have the real drive as the
SYSTEM drive, and RAMDOS as the WORK DRIVE.  If you don't, when you try
and LINK your file, it will try to find the library disk on the RAMDisk,
but it won't be there (unless you copy 120+ files to it, but I don't
think this is the way it's supposed to be done).

BUT, if you set it up this way, CC will load the COMPILER and the
TRANSLATOR from the SYSTEM drive (real drive).

The instuctions say to copy the COMPILER, and TRANSLATOR files to the
RAMDisk, so this means that the CC command should load the files FROM
the RAMDisk, but it trys to load from the system disk!

If anyone has used SHELLRAM successfully, then please reply.

Alex
--

desimone@cse.uta.edu (David DeSimone) (05/29/91)

In article <199127.1115.2176@canrem.uucp> "alex burger" <alex.burger@canrem.uucp> writes:
>I compiled all the files using CC, and tried LINKing them, but I got the
>error message 'TOO MUCH CODE TO LINK'.

It sounds like your linker is running out of memory.  If you are using a
C128, try typing the command 'rdoff' to shut off the internal ramdisk.
This will give the compiler and linker more space in which to work.

If you are using a C64, there probably is little hope...

--
David DeSimone, aka "Fuzzy Fox" on some networks.          /!/!
INET:    an207@cleveland.freenet.edu                      /  ..

aliu@aludra.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May29.053521.25217@cse.uta.edu> desimone@cse.uta.edu (David DeSimone) writes:
>In article <199127.1115.2176@canrem.uucp> "alex burger" <alex.burger@canrem.uucp> writes:
>>I compiled all the files using CC, and tried LINKing them, but I got the
>>error message 'TOO MUCH CODE TO LINK'.

On the docs, they recoment to Link the stuff in several steps, that
is, every few files you enter, enter the "^" command to scan
libraries. (I think that is the up arrow).

Alejandro Liu           |EMail: aliu@usc.edu |All mispellings are intentional
3131 Mc Clintock #151F  |Voice: 213-745-2372 |Anything mentioned here is not
Los Angeles, CA 90007   |                    |necessarily true.