[comp.sys.cbm] Looking for SIDTAR

house_s@cho006.cho.ge.com (05/29/91)

I was looking at some old files that I had for my C64 and noticed
that I had parts of a program called SIDTAR.  I assume this is a
program that allows guitar-style entry of notes that are played
by the sid (probably uses 2 sids - 6 sid voices for 6 guitar strings, perfect!).

Unfortunately, I do not have all of the parts of the program.  I
got the files from Alex Liu's (I might have slaughtered the name) old
mail server.  I have looked on all the ftp sites that I knew of
(milton, maxwell, oswego) for any remnants of this program and have
not been able to locate it.  I would really love to see what this
program can do.  Could someone please send me either info on the program,
where I could get it, etc.  And on a side note, how much is the Dr. Evil Labs'
second sid chip cartridge, since I don't have.  I have instructions on how
to add the second sid, but I don't trust my solder skills.

Thanks very much.

Stephen House
house_s@cho006.cho.ge.com

kentsu@microsoft.UUCP (Kent SULLIVAN) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May29.123229.2324@cho006.cho.ge.com> house_s@cho006.cho.ge.com writes:
>I was looking at some old files that I had for my C64 and noticed
>that I had parts of a program called SIDTAR.  I assume this is a
>program that allows guitar-style entry of notes that are played
>by the sid (probably uses 2 sids - 6 sid voices for 6 guitar strings, perfect!)

SIDTAR may very well do what you have described above.  However, I sort of
doubt that it uses 2 SID chips--very few programs do.  Maybe someone can clear
this up.  If it does support two SID chips, I would like to have a copy too.

>Unfortunately, I do not have all of the parts of the program.  I
>got the files from Alex Liu's (I might have slaughtered the name) old
>mail server.  I have looked on all the ftp sites that I knew of
>(milton, maxwell, oswego) for any remnants of this program and have
>not been able to locate it.  I would really love to see what this
>program can do.  Could someone please send me either info on the program,
>where I could get it, etc.  And on a side note, how much is the Dr. Evil Labs'
>second sid chip cartridge, since I don't have.  I have instructions on how
>to add the second sid, but I don't trust my solder skills.

Dr. Evil sold this product to Creative Micro Designs (CMD).  Their current
price is $39.95 + $6 S/H (U.S. only).  Check their latest ads in RUN or the
Gazette for more info or call them at 413.525.0023.

Kent Sullivan
Microsoft Corporation

The opinions expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer.