[comp.sys.cbm] WarpSpeed

figueroa@oodis01.ARPA (Andrew Figueroa) (07/21/88)

I've had my Warp Speed for 4 days now and am extraordinarily satisfied with
its C-64 and 128 performance.

As usual with such cartridges, a soft reset (SYS64738) in the C-64 mode
dissables the cart.  I've noticed that in the C-128 mode that if a program is
invoked by the boot sector that when you leave the program with anything other
than a hard reset the cart is dissabled (and basic does not work right).

If anyone knows of the proper SYS (if any) to reeneable the cart afater a soft
reset in the C-64 mode or any insights into the C-128 irregularities, they
would be most appreciated.

Andy Figueroa aka "figueroa@lognet2.arpa"

jw554s968@sycom.UUCP (Jim Waleke) (05/20/91)

Can anyone tell me who makes the
WarpSpeed Cartridge and if they still
make them?  Also would anyone happen
to be selling one?

Thanks.

crunch@hogbbs.scol.pa.us (Crunch) (05/21/91)

jw554s968@sycom.UUCP (Jim Waleke) writes:

> Can anyone tell me who makes the
> WarpSpeed Cartridge and if they still
> make them?  Also would anyone happen
> to be selling one?
>
> Thanks.

The WarpSpeed cartridge is manufactured by Cinemaware.  As to whether or
not they still make them, I have no idea.

----------------------------------------------------------///\----------
Crunch @ Heart of Gold BBS (814) 238-9633                ///  \
crunch@hogbbs.scol.pa.us                             \\\///----\
(814) 353-9489                                        \XX/      \ MIGA
TARDIS Express:  When it absolutely, positively has to be there yesterday.

desimone@cse.uta.edu (David DeSimone) (05/21/91)

In article <jw554s968.3127@sycom.UUCP> jw554s968@sycom.UUCP (Jim Waleke) writes:
>Can anyone tell me who makes the
>WarpSpeed Cartridge and if they still
>make them?  Also would anyone happen
>to be selling one?

WarpSpeed is made by CinemaWare (yes, the same people who made Defender
of the Crown, and the Three Stooges games).  I don't know if they still
make it.

--
David DeSimone, aka "Fuzzy Fox" on some networks.          /!/!
INET:    an207@cleveland.freenet.edu                      /  ..

cardinal@amiganet.chi.il.us (Paul Nowatzki) (05/22/91)

>WarpSpeed is made by CinemaWare (yes, the same people who made Defender
>of the Crown, and the Three Stooges games).  I don't know if they still
>make it.

I believe that I read recently that (unfortunately) Cinemaware has bitten the
dust. You can probably still get a cartridge though from some mail order
company's stock.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^                    "Friends don't let friends use MS-DOS"                 ^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

neusoft@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (05/23/91)

In article <jw554s968.3127@sycom.UUCP>, jw554s968@sycom.UUCP (Jim Waleke) writes:
> Can anyone tell me who makes the
> WarpSpeed Cartridge and if they still
> make them?  Also would anyone happen
> to be selling one?

The Warpspeed software is written by Alien Technology Group, and sold in
cartridge format by Cinemaware.  As far as I know, its still available, but I
could be wrong...

-Mike
neusoft@vax1.mankato.msus.edu

joystyk@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Joystyk) (05/23/91)

In article <cardinal.2485@amiganet.chi.il.us> cardinal@amiganet.chi.il.us (Paul Nowatzki) writes:

>I believe that I read recently that (unfortunately) Cinemaware has bitten the
>dust. You can probably still get a cartridge though from some mail order
>company's stock.

The Cinemaware Warpspeed cartridge was discontinued sometime last year.
Just when I got interested enough to get one.  I'd say the one that were in
some mail order company's stock are probably all snatched up by now, since
it's been gone so long.
--
joystyk@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US / Luposlipaphobia:  the fear of being pursued
Trebor Sux                   /  by timber wolves around a kitchen table

jw554s968@sycom.UUCP (Jim Waleke) (06/02/91)

A while back I posted a message about
the company that made WarpSpeed and if
anyone was selling theirs, well the
next day the UseNet went down and
didn't get the mail till yesterday.
Then it killed itself before I could
get the address of the person.  Would
the person please respond again?  His
first name was Dave. Thank you very
much.

D-L-K@cup.portal.com (Patrick Andreas Maher) (06/05/91)

If you are still interested in the WarpSpeed, my friend runs a Commodore
store and receives a lot of used equipment, games, cartridges, etc...
I can see if he has any WarpSpeed Cartridges on stock and get back with
you.  Thanks...

D-L-K
801-465-3978