[comp.sys.cbm] Super Snapshot??

zz96sr@sdcc3.ucsd.edu (Steve Rusk) (06/19/91)

     While cruising through my Commodre mail-order catalogs, I came upon an
ad for the Super Snapshot Cartridge (Version 5.0).  Of course the ad makes
it sound like I can't possibly live without it.

     Has anybody used one?

     Is it worth $60?

     The ad says it's compatible with RAM expansion units.  Does this mean
that one needs to invest in one of those multi-cartiridge plug in units?

     Any "quirks"?   i.e.--GEOS won't load, some printers won't work with it.

     Any other comments are appreciated.  Thanks.

                                      --Steve

root@zswamp.uucp (Geoffrey Welsh) (06/22/91)

In a letter to All, Steve Rusk (zz96sr@sdcc3.ucsd.edu ) wrote:

 >     The ad says it's compatible with RAM expansion units.
 >Does this mean
 >that one needs to invest in one of those multi-cartiridge
 >plug in units?

   If you wish to use both at once, yes.  The Snapshot cartridge does not
contain a passthru slot.

--
Geoffrey Welsh - Operator, Izot's Swamp BBS (FidoNet 1:221/171)
root@zswamp.uucp or ..uunet!watmath!xenitec!zswamp!root