found it wasn't up to 100% and I am
not getting 2400 baud with it.  Can
anyone tell me someone who sells
Commodore CHIPS.  I heard that the one
in my 128 is also socketed and I
wouldn't have much trouble replacing
it.  Thanks.

D-L-K@cup.portal.com (Patrick Andreas Maher) (06/10/91)

I can get most of all the chips for the Commodore line of computers.
I have a friend that runs a Commodore shop and repairs a lot of broken
equipment.  If you would please put the number of the chip on thte system
I can get back with you and tell you a price. I myself might have what
you are looking for as I have about 10 dead boards laying around. Thanks...

root@zswamp.uucp (Geoffrey Welsh) (06/12/91)

In a letter to All, Jim Waleke (jw554s968@sycom.UUCP ) wrote:

 >I test my CIA chip in my C-128 and
 >found it wasn't up to 100% and I am
 >not getting 2400 baud with it.  Can
 >anyone tell me someone who sells
 >Commodore CHIPS.  I heard that the one
 >in my 128 is also socketed and I
 >wouldn't have much trouble replacing
 >it.  Thanks.

   Simply replacing your CIA chip won't give your C128 perfect 2400 bps
timing!  The problem lies in the operating system, whose RS-232 drivers suffer
increasing timing errors as the baud rate increases.

   Have you tried DesTerm 128?  Matt and I adapted my serial drivers to give
very accurate serial speeds up to 9600 bps.

--
Geoffrey Welsh - Operator, Izot's Swamp BBS (FidoNet 1:221/171)
root@zswamp.uucp or ..uunet!watmath!xenitec!zswamp!root

house_s@cho006.cho.ge.com (06/14/91)

I believe Jameco still carries Commodore Chips:

Jameco Electronics
1355 Shoreway Road
Belmont, CA. 94002
Order Line (415) 592-8097
Fax (415) 592-2503

Stephen
house_s@cho006.cho.ge.com

treesh@vangogh.helios.nd.edu (06/27/91)

I have one of those new C64C systems, and there is a problem with my user
port.  It wont SEND data to my modem, but it will take data from the modem.
I have replaced the CIA chip that controls the user port, but it did not
make any difference.  Does anyone have any other ideas to try?

ctfm