[comp.sys.cbm] Super Graphix Jr. Problems

XWUU@PURCCVM.BITNET (06/24/91)

Help!
My C64 will no longer talk to my printer.  I have tried three different
64's with similar results:

  When the printer interface is connected (a Xetec Super Graphix jr.) the
machine will not load programs.  I get the error message "devive not found"
or the screen shows "searching for program.name" and then just spins and
spins.

  When the interface is totally disconnected everything works fine.
  except commands to the printer.

I am a heavy text producer - I am a teacher who makes up most of my own
materials.  Not having my printer work is a real bad situation.

Have any of you had experience with the Super Graphix line of interfaces?
What kind of problem might it be?  Might it be easily fixable, or is it time
to bite the bullet and get a new interface? (ouch!)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks bunches!
Kirk
XWUU@PURCCVM or
XWUU@PURCCVM.BITNET

72560.3467@CompuServe.COM (Howard Herman) (06/27/91)

To:   >INTERNET comp-sys-cbm@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: comp.sys.cbm

XWUU@PURCCVM.BITNET writes:

>Help!

The Jr's contacts may have gotten a bit crusty with time, explaining the
serial bus prob.

Try cleaning them, as well as the sockets they plug into. Common medicinal
alcohol should do very nicely!
Howard Herman
INET:  72560.3467@CompuServe.COM