[comp.org.decus] anaheim symposium & travel

chris@bingvaxu.UUCP (11/02/87)

This may not be the place - BUT - just a few simple questions regarding
travel arrangements to Anaheim.  Is it easy to get from LAX to Anaheim,
or should I consider flying into Orange County?  I will NOT be renting
a car so I'm curious as to the availablility of shuttles from LA to
the convention area.
- Thanks,
  Chris Peck
  SUNY Binghamton, NY
  chris@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu

klr@hadron.UUCP (Kurt L. Reisler) (11/03/87)

In article <743@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> chris@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Chris Peck) writes:
>This may not be the place - BUT - just a few simple questions regarding
>travel arrangements to Anaheim.  Is it easy to get from LAX to Anaheim,
>or should I consider flying into Orange County?  I will NOT be renting
>a car so I'm curious as to the availablility of shuttles from LA to
>the convention area.
>- Thanks,
>  Chris Peck
>  SUNY Binghamton, NY
>  chris@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu

There are shuttle buses that run from LAX to all the symposium hotels
on a regular basis.  In addition, some of the hotels have their own
vans.  Travel into John Wayne (Orange County) will significantly
increase the cost of your ticket (at least it does from NoVa) and will
have you flying into LAX anyway, to transfer to the commuter flight to
John Wayne.

Be sure you stop by the UNISIG/AI/L&T Suite when you are at the
symposium.  It is going to be located in the Mariotte hotel.

 Kurt Reisler (703) 359-6100
 UNISIG Chairman, DECUS US Chapter                       | Hadron, Inc.
 ..{uunet|sundc|rlgvax|netxcom|decuac}!hadron!klr        | 9990 Lee Highway
 Sysop, Fido 109/74  The Bear's Den   (703) 671-0598     | Suite 481
 Sysop, Fido 109/483 The Pot of Gold  (703) 359-6549     | Fairfax, VA 22030

geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) (11/05/87)

In article <743@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> chris@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Chris Peck) writes:

> This may not be the place - BUT - just a few simple questions regarding
> travel arrangements to Anaheim.  Is it easy to get from LAX to Anaheim,
> or should I consider flying into Orange County?  I will NOT be renting
> a car so I'm curious as to the availablility of shuttles from LA to
> the convention area.

It's easy to get transportation LAX-to-Disneyland;  it costs about $12
for the "Super Shuttles" which are the best.  They run very frequently.
It takes around an hour to get there in light traffic, however, and at
least 25% more in rush hours.  This makes flying into Orange County or
even Long Beach much more attractive.
--
	Geoff Kuenning   geoff@ITcorp.com   {uunet,trwrb}!desint!geoff