[comp.org.decus] DECUS audio tapes

treed@dasys1.UUCP (Timothy Reed) (11/12/88)

My company is considering a large purchase of DECUS Symposium audio
tapes - does anyone know if the purchase price of those tapes includes
notes or other printed matter that were distributed at the time of the
seminar?
Thanks
Tim

avolio@decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) (11/13/88)

In article <7595@dasys1.UUCP> treed@dasys1.UUCP (Timothy Reed) writes:

>My company is considering a large purchase of DECUS Symposium audio
>tapes - does anyone know if the purchase price of those tapes includes
>notes or other printed matter that were distributed at the time of the
>seminar?
>Thanks
>Tim

It does not.  The audio tape people have nothing to do with session notes
nor do they have access to them.  I suggest calling DECUS in Marlboro, MA
for further details.

Fred

ctp@cs.utexas.edu (Clyde T. Poole) (11/15/88)

In article <2585@decuac.DEC.COM> avolio@decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:
>In article <7595@dasys1.UUCP> treed@dasys1.UUCP (Timothy Reed) writes:
>>
>>My company is considering a large purchase of DECUS Symposium audio
>>tapes - does anyone know if the purchase price of those tapes includes
>>notes or other printed matter that were distributed at the time of the
>>seminar?
>
>It does not.  The audio tape people have nothing to do with session notes
>nor do they have access to them.  I suggest calling DECUS in Marlboro, MA
>for further details.

The DECUS U.S. Chapter Communications Committee has been asked to look
into "bundling" the existing session note documents or extracts from
these documents with the audio tapes.  There are PROBLEMS with this.
Some of the trouble comes from the contract with have with the people
who do the taping (DECUS U.S. does not own the tapes), some trouble
comes from the logistics of associating a portion of a particular
session note with a particular tape.  And it goes on from there.  The
Comm Comm LRP (Long Range Planning) Committee has this on its agenda
and will be looking for ways to bring this or a similar product to the
membership.  If you have suggestions about how this product should
look and how we should price it, I am interested in hearing from you.

ctp
-----
Clyde T. Poole - Technical Coordinator, Facilities and Equipment (in real life)
 DECUS U. S. Chapter, CommComm Vice-Chair and VAX SIG Newsletter Editor
Univ. of Texas at Austin        ARPA/CSnet/NSFnet: ctp@cs.utexas.edu
Dept. of Computer Sciences      UUCP: {uunet,harvard}!cs.utexas.edu!ctp
Taylor Hall 2.124               BITNET: ctp@UTADNX	SPAN: UTADNX::CTP
Austin, TX  78712-1188          VOICE: (512) 471-9551
      "Life is a bitch ... and then you die"