[comp.org.decus] Housing form & RFP for Atlanta available when?

pjs@aristotle.JPL.NASA.gov (Peter Scott) (08/14/90)

Is it true that the housing forms and session application forms
are available first at the previous symposium?  I won't be making
it to Las Vegas, but I do want to get my session proposal and housing
form in first thing for Atlanta (when you're on federal lodging rates,
ya gotta get your first choice).  Usually those forms are at the
previous symposium, but don't arrive in the mail for a month or more
later.  If so, how can I arrange to get them sooner?

--
This is news.  This is your       |    Peter Scott, NASA/JPL/Caltech
brain on news.  Any questions?    |    (pjs@aristotle.jpl.nasa.gov)

ctp@cs.utexas.edu (Clyde T. Poole) (08/14/90)

In article <1990Aug13.214540.24291@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov> pjs@aristotle.jpl.nasa.gov writes:
>Is it true that the housing forms and session application forms
>are available first at the previous symposium?  I won't be making
>it to Las Vegas, but I do want to get my session proposal and housing
>form in first thing for Atlanta (when you're on federal lodging rates,
>ya gotta get your first choice).  Usually those forms are at the
>previous symposium, but don't arrive in the mail for a month or more
>later.  If so, how can I arrange to get them sooner?

You can request a housing form early by calling +1-508-480-3302.

The CFP (Call for Participation) form is NOT required to volunteer to
present a session.  A letter to DECUS U.S. office providing all the
necessary information will do just fine.  It is also possible to have
your CFP entered into the scheduling system by any DECUS U.S. leader
that has access to DCS (Dedicated Communications System).  This
includes people like your local users group executive committee. Since
scheduling for Las Vegas is completed, the scheduling system for
Atlanta is already active and CFP's may be entered now.  The deadline
for CFP's submitted online is usually one week after the deadline for
hardcopy submissions.  Warning!  Because of the shorter than average
time between Las Vegas and Atlanta, CFP's must be submitted much
earlier than usual this fall.  I don't have my countdown calendar
handy, but it may actually be the week of the Las Vegas Symposium.

-----
Clyde T. Poole - Technical Coordinator, Facilities and Equipment (in real life)
 DECUS U. S. Chapter, CommComm Chair and Member of the MC (in my spare time)
Univ. of Texas at Austin        ARPA/CSnet/NSFnet: ctp@cs.utexas.edu
Dept. of Computer Sciences      UUCP: {uunet,harvard}!cs.utexas.edu!ctp
Taylor Hall 2.124               BITNET: ctp@UTADNX  SPAN: UTSPAN::UTADNX::CTP
Austin, TX  78712-1188          VOICE: (512) 471-9551  FAX: (512) 471-0548