[comp.org.decus] DECUS TAPE Reviews?

wisniewski@montagar.lonestar.org (09/02/90)

DECUS TAPE REVIEWS?

I just put up the current library information on our local DFW-LUG BBS
with all of the Tape libraries, but reviews?

The Fall Symposia tape had text listings of all the libraries and past
Symposia tapes.  Is that what you're looking for or is somone
really reviewing all the DECUS software?

Be seeing you, Happy LUGGING,

John W.

mcmahon@tgv.com (John McMahon) (09/03/90)

In article <3093@montagar.lonestar.org>, wisniewski@montagar.lonestar.org writes...
:DECUS TAPE REVIEWS?
:
:I just put up the current library information on our local DFW-LUG BBS
:with all of the Tape libraries, but reviews?
:
:The Fall Symposia tape had text listings of all the libraries and past
:Symposia tapes.  Is that what you're looking for or is somone
:really reviewing all the DECUS software?

A group of folks 'reviewed' some of the major parts of the last few sets of
DECUS tapes.  As I recall, the reviews were posted here, and possibly on
Info-Vax/Comp.Os.Vms.  The intention was to inform folks of some of the great
stuff you can get from a DECUS tape.

I don't know if the reviews were archived anywhere, or ever made it onto a
DECUS tape...  perhaps a repost is in order ?

John 'Fast-Eddie' McMahon    :    MCMAHON@TGV.COM    : TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
TGV, Incorporated            :                       :    T   GGGGGGG  V     V
603 Mission Street           : HAVK (abha) Gur bayl  :    T  G          V   V
Santa Cruz, California 95060 : bcrengvat flfgrz gb   :    T  G    GGGG   V V
408-427-4366 or 800-TGV-3440 : or qrfgeblrq ol znvy  :    T   GGGGGGG     V
(DECUS UNISIG Steering Committee in my spare time.... :-)

ted@nieland.DAYTON.OH.US (Ted Nieland) (09/08/90)

>In article <6547@darkstar.ucsc.edu> mcmahon@tgv.com (John McMahon) writes:
>In article <3093@montagar.lonestar.org>, wisniewski@montagar.lonestar.org writes...
>:DECUS TAPE REVIEWS?
>:
>:I just put up the current library information on our local DFW-LUG BBS
>:with all of the Tape libraries, but reviews?
>:
>:The Fall Symposia tape had text listings of all the libraries and past
>:Symposia tapes.  Is that what you're looking for or is somone
>:really reviewing all the DECUS software?
>
>A group of folks 'reviewed' some of the major parts of the last few sets of
>DECUS tapes.  As I recall, the reviews were posted here, and possibly on
>Info-Vax/Comp.Os.Vms.  The intention was to inform folks of some of the great
>stuff you can get from a DECUS tape.
>
>I don't know if the reviews were archived anywhere, or ever made it onto a
>DECUS tape...  perhaps a repost is in order ?

I have not archived the reviews at any site, but they are in the past issues
of the DECUS Newsletters.

I will gather the material and see about getting it on the Fall SIG tape.

BTW, I am in desperate need of more volunteers to help review material.  Anyone
who is interested should contact me at the address below.

--
M. Edward (Ted) Nieland
DECUS L&T SIG Librarian