[comp.org.decus] DECUS

billb@crpmks.UUCP (Bill Bochnik ) (10/02/90)

My boss just told me that he wants me to attend DECUS this December.  If
anybody has any info on it (exactly when it is, where it is, and what I have
to do to join DECUS) please e-mail me.  I'm sorry about it being last minute,
but he just came up with this today.  Thanks in advance to all those in
response.

Bill Bochnik			| It's hard to be a James Bond in an Abbott
Senior Programmer Analyst	|	and Costello world.
Ciba-Geigy Corporation		|
Hawthorne, New York		| It's worse than that, he's dead Jim.
914-785-2255			|
philabs!crpmks!billb		| Signed and sealed, they deliver oblivion.
gaboon!crpmks!billb		|

jmi@dac.mdcbbs.com (JM Ivler) (03/07/91)

In article <009451A5.83C422A0@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU>, sysmgr@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU (Doug Mohney) writes:
> In article <4496@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov>, tencati@nssdcb.gsfc.nasa.gov (Ron Tencati) writes:
>
>>If you want your voice heard, get in touch with your SIG Executive
>>Committees or your LUG Chairs. These people all have accounts on the
>>DECUS Communications System (DCS) computer system which enables DECUS
>>leadership to communicate with each other between symposia. Not all
>>leaders read DECUSERVE, or COMP.ORG.DECUS, but they are required
>>(requested?) to check their DCS mail as often as they can.
>
> I don't suppose that you could post Internet addresses for the appropriate
> committee members?

I would if I knew who they were...

> Or is DCS not linked into any network?

Not currently, but that should be changing...

> Or I have to go get an audience with SIG leadership first?

Not that I know of, but the names below are from the "published" information of
those that are on the Languages and Tools SIG Steering Committee...

Folder Editor:
   amby@eisner.decus.org           ! Donald E. Amby - on DECUServe
   don@amby.mixcom.com             ! Donald E. Amby - at home
Assist. Wishlist Coord:
   bauer@stsci.edu                 ! Ted Bauer
Volunteer Coord:
   shirley@capsrv.jhuapl.edu       ! Shirley Bockstahler-Brandt
Wishlist Coord:
Debug Working Group Chair:
   tcomeau@stsci.edu               ! Tom Comeau
Notes Working Group Chair:
Symposia Reporter:
   durkin@eisner.decus.org         ! Michael Durkin
Newsletter Editor:
   uunet!bigmax!folsom             ! Alan Folsom, Jr.
Teco Working Group Chair:
   mjhyde@sunrise.bitnet           ! Mark J. Hyde
Projects Coord:
DECUServe Moderator:
Assistant Working Group Coord:
   jmi@dac.mdcbbs.com              ! J.M. (JM) Ivler
   ivler@eisner.decus.org          ! DECUServe address
Session Notes Editor:
Pascal Working Group Chair:
   katz@eisner.decus.org           ! Mark Katz
Standards [ANSI Fortran X3J8]:
   jking@gcg.com                   ! Dr. Joseph King
Session Quality Coord:
   uunet!imsl!lelvis               ! Gary C. Lelvis
Store Rep:
   gwlester@dumbo.cpu.com          ! Gerald Lester
BOF Chairs Coord:
Session Chairs Coord:
   mione@zodiac.rutgers.edu        ! Antonino N. Mione
Chair Public Domain Software Working Group:
SIG Tape Librarian:
   ted@nieland.dayton.oh.us        ! M. Edward Nieland
   nieland@dayfac.cdc.com          ! M. Edward Nieland
SIG Chairman:
   pollizzi@stsci.edu              ! Joseph Pollizzi, III
Chair VAXSET Working Group:
   richon@stsci.edu                ! Joel Richon
Library Committee Rep:
   b35048@anlcmt.cmt.anl.gov       ! Tony Scandora
Former Campground Coord:
Former Vice Chair - Logistics:
Current User Interface User Interest Group (UI UIG) Chair:
   terrazas@eisner.decus.org       ! Michael S. Terrazas
Suite and Reception Coord:
   matt@nrc.com                    ! Matt Variot

Additionally, I beleive that *all* board members can be reached at:
   {username}@eisner.decus.org    where {username} is their last name.

As projects coordinator one of my key tasks is to "listen to the membership"
and see what services and products the SIG can offer *you*. Please take me up
on this and feel free to send any wild ideas you may have my way.

In addition, I am tasked with seeing to it that *you* get the most the SIG can
provide from your DECUS involvement. If you can't make it to symposia... get
on-line with DECUServe, or help others by putting some of your software into
the SIG Tapes, or write newsletter articles. DECUS is not DEC (Digital) and
US (the leadership) DECUS is *you*!

jmi     jmi@dac.mdcbbs.com    -or-   ivler@eisner.decus.org
These are *my* opinions - not DAC. MDC, DECUS, L&T SIG, UI UIG, et al...