[comp.org.decus] Should have we kept quiet?

KILLEEN@EISNER.DECUS.ORG (Jeff Killeen Exec Committee) (05/14/91)

FYI...

	The DECUS President at the Monday Board Meeting at Symposia made
a statement about all the Net traffic about the By-Law change.  The
statement he made was "The Board has made its decision regarding the
By-Laws and moved onto other things.  There are those in leadership who
continue to politicize this issue by posting to the networks.  They to
should stop this and move onto other things."  This was part of the 5
minute lecture the President gave about this issue.  The thrust of it
was once the Board had made the decision all the other volunteers should
have stop discussing the issue or in my words stopped trying to inform
the electrorate.  How do you feel about this?  Do you also feel it was
inappropriate for those opposed to the Board's action to make their
opinions known during the voting process?  You can also make your
comments known to the President by sending him a message at
BRINDLEY@DECUS.ORG.

klr@hadron.COM (Kurt L. Reisler) (05/20/91)

In article <543BDEEA600024C9@eisner.decus.org> KILLEEN@EISNER.DECUS.ORG (Jeff Killeen Exec Committee) writes:
>FYI...
>
>	The DECUS President at the Monday Board Meeting at Symposia made
>a statement about all the Net traffic about the By-Law change.  The
>statement he made was "The Board has made its decision regarding the
>By-Laws and moved onto other things.  There are those in leadership who
>continue to politicize this issue by posting to the networks.  They to
>should stop this and move onto other things."  This was part of the 5
>minute lecture the President gave about this issue.  The thrust of it
>was once the Board had made the decision all the other volunteers should
>have stop discussing the issue or in my words stopped trying to inform
>the electrorate.  How do you feel about this?  Do you also feel it was

Odd, I was at that meeting, and that was not the impression I had of
Bill's statement.  He stated that the BoD had made its decision and would
not make further statements about it.  It was not in the hands of the
DECUS membership to decide.  I do not recall any admonishment for DECUS
volunteers to stop discussing the issue.  It was not a "lecture", but
merely a reading of a prepared statement, which I had seen either in
notes or mail from the BoD, at least a week earlier.

Kurt Reisler (703) 359-6100
UNISIG Chairman, DECUS US Chapter                       | Hadron, Inc.
..!{uunet|sundc|rlgvax|netxcom|decuac}!hadron!klr       | 9990 Lee Highway
Sysop, Fido 109/101 The Bear's Den   (703) 671-0598     | Fairfax, VA 22030

killeen@spcvxb.spc.edu (Jeff Killeen) (05/21/91)

>>	The DECUS President at the Monday Board Meeting at Symposia made
>>a statement about all the Net traffic about the By-Law change.  The
>
> Odd, I was at that meeting, and that was not the impression I had of
> Bill's statement.  He stated that the BoD had made its decision and would

Kurt I *DO* remember seeing you at the Sunday night Board meeting and your
comments do seem to apply acturately to that meeting.

Now I know you are very talented fellow but I didn't know invisiablity was one
of your talents - because I truly don't remember seeing you at the Board
meeting on Monday (GWCC room 202).  Granted there is generally a fog in the
room when that group meets.  The events I was referring to happened at the
Monday meeting.

			;-)