[comp.org.decus] An the results are...

nieland_t@kahuna.asd-yf.wpafb.af.mil (05/30/91)

The following are the results....

D E C U S - I N T E R O F F I C E   M E M O R A N D U M

Date:       29-May-1991 04:30pm EST
From:       Lynn Jarrett
            JARRETT
Dept:       LDEC
Tel No:     (619-293-1130)W

TO:  All ALL-IN-1 users on this node      ( SUBSCRIBERS: )

Subject:    Referendum Results
Doc Number: 003752

The votes have been counted and verified for the special
election.  The referendum needed a two-thirds vote for
the bylaw changes in order to pass.  The referendum, as
the figures below dictate, has failed to pass.

        Total number in Favor (YES)     6,818   (58%)
        Total number Against (NO)       4,917   (42%)

                                      -------
        Total number of valid votes:   11,735

                Lynn Jarrett
                LDEC Chair

brodie@mis.mcw.edu (05/30/91)

> The following are the results....

> The votes have been counted and verified for the special
> election.  The referendum needed a two-thirds vote for
> the bylaw changes in order to pass.  The referendum, as
> the figures below dictate, has failed to pass.

>         Total number in Favor (YES)     6,818   (58%)
>         Total number Against (NO)       4,917   (42%)

good deal.   Now maybe we can do this again, and this time, do it
with a little THOUGHT.....     I wonder if the board is surprised
at the results?

--Kent C. Brodie, systems manager, Medical College of Wisconsin