[comp.sys.mac] Red Ryder Host and my modem cable to Lisa

zabetia@tiger.Princeton.EDU (Mahboud Zabetian) (11/06/86)

We are trying to set up a Red Ryder Host BBS here.  If any of you could give me
some tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, the Red Ryder Host application requires that the modem sends a CD if and
only if there is CD signal.  Well the lisa is getting the CD all the time.  I
know it is not the modem, so it might be the cable.  Anyody know what the pinout
on the modem(B?) port is?

Thanks.

--
Mahboud Zabetian		allegra! --\	zabetia@tiger.princeton.edu
232 Pyne Hall			mhuxi! -----\		(609) 452-2285

bezanson@gumby.WISC.EDU (Brian Bezanson) (11/15/86)

In article <144@tiger.Princeton.EDU>, zabetia@tiger.Princeton.EDU (Mahboud Zabetian) writes:
> We are trying to set up a Red Ryder Host BBS here.  If any of you could give me
> some tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

> Also, the Red Ryder Host application requires that the modem sends a CD if and
> only if there is CD signal.  Well the lisa is getting the CD all the time.  I
> know it is not the modem, so it might be the cable.  Anyody know what the pinout
> on the modem(B?) port is?

Here are the pinouts for a Lisa from the modem port to a stadard RS-232C modem
connector.

XL    to      Modem
===================
 2     <=>      2
 3     <=>      3
 7     <=>      7
 6     <=>      8

That worked for me, if you want to see a full XL BBS, you can call MacCircles.
It is running off of a Lisa with 2 profiles under MacWorks with RRH.  I ran
my BBS on my XL for 8 months without a problem (except those found with any
RRH system).

--
Brian Bezanson {seismo,ihnp4,allegra,topaz,harvard}!uwvax!gumby!bezanson
Manta Software Corp.				  bezanson@gumby.wisc.edu