[comp.sys.mac] Mac pictures inside a troff doc??

lmm@labsms.UUCP (11/15/86)

Mac pictures inside a troff doc?

Is there a way to take a postscript file (like say a picture from
Macpaint or MacDraw which has been converted to postscript) and
insert it into a troff document.  I have access to an Apple Laserwriter
which Is connected to a Unix machine running Transcript from Adobe
Systems.  I enjoy making Troff documents, and I can also print out
macpaint generated pictures on the laserwriter, HOWEVER - I don't
know how you can mix the two.    Any answers?

On a similar note, I also have access to an Imagen 8/300 laser printer
and I make troff documents on it too.  I have played with the program
which will take a Macpaint document and convert it to impress so that
it will print out on the Imagen, however how can a person put one of
these pictures into a troff document?

Thanks

Larry McWilliams
ihnp4!labsms!lmm

jsm@masscomp.UUCP (John Morris) (11/17/86)

In article <21100010@labsms.UUCP> lmm@labsms.UUCP writes:

>Mac pictures inside a troff doc?
>

>Is there a way to take a postscript file (like say a picture from
>Macpaint or MacDraw which has been converted to postscript) and
>insert it into a troff document.

There is a commercial product from Pipeline Associates called
devap, which takes postscript files from a Mac and formats them for
troff.  This is an announced product but may not be shipping as yet.

Pipeline Associates: P.O. Box 5763, Parsippany, NJ 07054.

The Mac is capable of producing postscript files from the laserwriter
driver by using the following procedure:
	In the print dialog box,
		Click OK
		Hold CLOVER F down until (^F)
		Creating Postscript File message appears

This may be documented somewhere, but I haven't seen it.

-John

/*  I have no association with Pipeline Associates, the views expressed here are mine and not my employer and blah blah blah */