[comp.sys.mac] Snobol for the Mac?

shulman@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Jeff Shulman) (11/17/86)

Is there a Snobol interpreter for the Mac?  If not, is there any PD
68000 version?  I'll take any PD version and translate if necessary.
Thanks.

							Jeff

uucp:   ...{harvard, seismo, ut-sally, sri-iu, ihnp4!packard}!topaz!shulman
arpa:   SHULMAN@RUTGERS
Delphi: JEFFS
GEnie:  KILROY
CIS:    76136,667

mcnabb@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu (11/18/86)

 >  Is there a Snobol interpreter for the Mac? ...

I assume you mean Snobol-4, since I can't imagine why anyone would want
one of the older versions.  Unfortunately, I don't know of any Snobol
implementations for the Mac.

However, you might consider contacting the Icon people at Arizona - many
of the Snobol intelligentsia went there and collaborated on Icon.  There
is no Icon for the Mac yet (as far as I know), but they are working on
"large memory model modifications" to the standard Icon distribution which
when completed should facilitate a Mac implementation.  In any event, I
think the chances are excellent that if anyone has heard of a Snobol-4
for the Mac, it would be the Icon people.

Here is the address:	Icon Project
			Department of Computer Science
			The University of Arizona
			Tucson, AZ  85721

rhc@ptsfa.UUCP (Robert Cohen) (11/20/86)

In article <7068@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU>, shulman@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Jeff Shulman) writes:

> Is there a Snobol interpreter for the Mac?
Don't know about the Mac, but someone I know just bought a copy
of SPITBOL (SPeedy ImplemenT of snoBOL) for the IBM PC.  The
fellow who originated main frame Spitbol (Dewar) has a company
selling the pc version.  Perhaps he could be interested in
writing a Mac version.  If you're interested, let me know
and I can supply a way to contact him.

--
Robert Cohen
San Ramon, California (Where's that?  Like, on the way to LA, ya' know!)