[comp.sys.mac] PostScript dump from SuperPaint

phcalamai@water.UUCP (Paul H. Calamai) (11/21/86)

Hi. Can anyone out there tell me whether it's possible to
get a dump of the PostScript code generated by SuperPaint?
(I know this is possible with MacDraw) If if is possible,
could you please give details of how it is done.

Thanks.			Paul

ARPA:  calamai@anl-mcs  or  na.calamai@su-score
CSNET: phcalamai%water%waterloo.csnet
UUCP:  ... decvax!watmath!phcalamai

ix21@sdcc6.ucsd.EDU (David Whiteman) (11/24/86)

Preceding article asks how to obtain a postscript file while using
SuperPaint:

It is very easy to obtain a copy of the postscript dump from
SuperPaint.

You must have version 3.2 of system with the current chooser,
LaserWriter driver and Laser Prep files.  Appletalk must be
activated thru the control panel even though you don't need a
LaserWriter connected to the Mac.  Then use Chooser to select the
laserwriter icon; if you are not using the current version it will
complain if you don't have a LaserWriter.  Enter SuperPaint and
prepare your document.  Choose Print.  A window will appear asking
you to select how many copies and press either OK or CANCEL.  Make
the appropriate selections but don't click OK.  Hold down either
cloverleaf F or cloverleaf K -- F just dumps the postscript
commands; K dumps the header prep and then dumps the postscript
commands.  While holding down the key (the Mac is now beeping) click
OK or press return.  The postscript commands will appear in an MDS
Edit text file entitled Postscript.

The above is identical to the procedure with MacDraw.

--
David Whiteman,
University of California, San Diego

The America's Cup, don't leave Perth without it.

guido@mcvax.UUCP (Guido van Rossum) (11/26/86)

In article <3006@sdcc6.ucsd.EDU> ix21@sdcc6.ucsd.edu.UUCP (David
Whiteman) writes:
>... cloverleaf F or cloverleaf K ...

I've read numerous descriptions of this procedure, and they always
dutifully say that you have to press Command (Cloverleaf) F or K.
Sure, this works, but you actually don't need to hold the Command key.
Just press and hold the F or K key.

--Guido

marcus@weyl.Berkeley.EDU (Matthew Marcus) (11/26/86)

	Has anyone actually been able to get a postscript dump from superpaint
	using ^f or ^k.  Everytime I try it it crashes.  Also, what about
	getting text in CricketDraw to follow arbitrary arcs ?

	mat marcus
	ucbvax!brahms!marcus
	marcus@brahms.berkeley.edu
	ucbvax!marcus@brahms.berkeley.edu

straka@ihlpf.UUCP (Straka) (12/01/86)

> >... cloverleaf F or cloverleaf K ...
> I've read numerous descriptions of this procedure, and they always
> dutifully say that you have to press Command (Cloverleaf) F or K.
> Sure, this works, but you actually don't need to hold the Command key.
> Just press and hold the F or K key.

Doesn't it make any sense to give some sort of visual indication of these
events (also the option-key stuff with the finder, ...) so that the user can
see that he has indeed effected some non-standard sort of change?  Something
simple like a flash somewhere on the menu bar, perhaps.  I like the simplicity
of the Mac, and I like these sort of shortcuts, *but* sometimes they are a
frustration due to the lack of documentation of them and the lack of indication
that they were even invoked.

Rich Straka     ihnp4!ihlpf!straka    (312)979-8062