[comp.sys.mac] SUMacC questions

daniel@sickkids.UUCP (Daniel Guerin ) (12/05/86)

I have been using SUMacC 2.0 for 2 major projects and I am trying to find
out the status of this *excellent* piece of software.  Specifically:

1) Is development continuing on this?  My mail to SUMEX never got answered
   (but then I can't seem to be able to communicate with Arpanet).

2) Is there a "bug list", "bug fixes" anywhere?  Not that I found any bugs
   so far, but just in case.   More generally, is there some uucp address where
   mail re. SUMacC should be sent?

3) I read about the new RMaker, but I don't have access to Info-Mac.  Could
   a kind soul please mail it to me.  Thanks.

4) Are there interfaces for the new 128K ROM routines, the Macintalk
   routines and others (I saw the List Manager interface posted; thanks to
   the author)?  If so, could somebody please mail them to me.  Thanks.

Daniel Guerin, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
Voice:	  +1 416 598 5725
USENET:   {decvax,utzoo}!sickkids!daniel

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (12/08/86)

In article <37@sickkids.UUCP>, daniel@sickkids.UUCP (Daniel Guerin ) writes:
> I have been using SUMacC 2.0 for 2 major projects and I am trying to find
> out the status of this *excellent* piece of software.  Specifically:
>
> 1) Is development continuing on this?  My mail to SUMEX never got answered
>    (but then I can't seem to be able to communicate with Arpanet).
    I'm not aware of any new versions of SUMacC which are less than 1-2 years
old, i.e. you probably have the most recent version. Some items HAVE been
posted which enhance the release version such as an interface for the
Apple list manager package.  As far as answering mail, I answer EVERY
bit of mail which arrives at info-mac-request@sumex which I am able to, i.e.
the mailer can deliver it. I'm sorry if you can't mail to sumex. One way
to guarantee mail to sumex should be by posting a followup to a mod.mac
news item. Only use this as a last resort though.

> 2) Is there a "bug list", "bug fixes" anywhere?  Not that I found any bugs
>    so far, but just in case.   More generally, is there some uucp address where
>    mail re. SUMacC should be sent?
   I'm not aware of a bug list or fixes list. Sometimes people post comments
to info-mac but nobody has built a coherent file. Users of SumacC would be
the best to do so.

> 3) I read about the new RMaker, but I don't have access to Info-Mac.  Could
>    a kind soul please mail it to me.  Thanks.
   A new RMaker should be posted shortly...as I do with almost ALL the info-mac
postings, I will send a copy to Roger Long for posting to mod.mac.binaries.

> 4) Are there interfaces for the new 128K ROM routines, the Macintalk
>    routines and others (I saw the List Manager interface posted; thanks to
>    the author)?  If so, could somebody please mail them to me.  Thanks.
   As above, I mailed one copy to Roger Long for posting to usenet. Contact
him (...felix!macintosh) for more information.

> Daniel Guerin, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto

   David Gelphman, info-mac moderator
reply to: info-mac-request@sumex.stanford.edu
(sorry but I don't know a uucp address)