[comp.sys.mac] Icon Review Winter Vaporware?

smh@mhuxu.UUCP (henning) (12/02/86)

****                                                                 ****
From the keys of Steve Henning, AT&T Bell Labs, Reading, PA mhuxu!smh

>Got the latest issue of the Icon Review Mail Order catalog, and I have a few
>friends who bought Multi-Write from IR's previous issue.  They're still
>waiting.

Not only am i waiting for Multi-Write, but they haven't sent the MacDraft
I ordered.  The only good thing is that I know they don't get paid until
my order is completed in full.  I have been waiting since July 2, 1986.

dgc@ulysses.cs.ucla.edu (David G Cantor) (12/03/86)

Expires:

A number of people have complained that Icon Review is not delivering
ordered software, in particular Multiwrite.  I ordered it sometime ago,
as part of a package deal.  Today I received a copy of the program
Mindwrite with a note saying this is the final release name of a program
earlier referred to as Express, Prewriter, or Multiwrite.

In addition I would note that I have ordered numerous items from Icon
Review, including the A+ Mouse, Macmemory, and much software.  I have
had no difficulty or problems and, as far as I can tell, any delays have
been due to the manufacturer and not Icon Review.

I prefer to place mail-orders within my State, because the (excellent)
protection offered by credit cards is limited to your own State or
within 50 miles of your own home (+a few other exceptions).

dgc

David G. Cantor
Internet:  dgc@cs.ucla.edu
UUCP:      ...!{ihnp4, randvax, sdcrdcf, ucbvax}!ucla-cs!dgc

wmd@kran.UUCP (12/03/86)

I am yet another one of those waiting for Multi-Write from Icon Review.

Malcolm Duncan
Krannert Executive Education
Purdue University
UUCP: ...ihnp4!pur-ee!pur-phy!kran!wmd
InterNet:  pur-phy!kran!wmd@purdue.edu

korn@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Peter "Arrgh" Korn) (12/04/86)

>>Got the latest issue of the Icon Review Mail Order catalog, and I have a few
>>friends who bought Multi-Write from IR's previous issue.  They're still
>>waiting.
>
>Not only am i waiting for Multi-Write...

Multi-Write has JUST been released.  Yesterday a local store got in their
first copies (pre-ordered last month from their distributer).  So, in
all fairness, Icon Review hasn't been able to ship them out until just
a few days ago.  Though it would be nice of them to tell folks who
order their products whether or not those products are currently shipping...

Peter
-----
Peter "Arrgh" Korn		           I know lots of honorary jews!  Why,
korn@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU			  some of my very best friends
{decvax,dual,hplabs,sdcsvax,ulysses}!ucbvax!korn            are honorary jews!

mark@raster.UUCP (Mark Miller) (12/04/86)

In article <300009@kran> wmd@kran.UUCP writes:

>I am yet another one of those waiting for Multi-Write from Icon Review.

Yeah, I gave up on the bastards - they went and charged my account and
then sat on the order for about 5 months. If memory serves, Multi-write
was first announced as Pre-Writer (it had a 'file-card' manager too). Then
they ditched that feature and came out with Multi-Write. Now I've seen them
advertise something called MindWrite(?). Since the company's name is
Mindwork software, I would recomend those of you with standing orders
check this out - they may have given everyone the slip - AGAIN!
			- MSM
Mark S. Miller, Raster Technologies, Inc., Westford, MA
UUCP:  decvax!raster!mark

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed do not reflect, reject,
    ... uh ... conflict with, yeah, those of my employer,
    my milkman, ... uh ... God, yeah, thats it.

korn@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Peter "Arrgh" Korn) (12/05/86)

In article <1206@zen.BERKELEY.EDU> I (Peter "Arrgh" Korn) write:

>Multi-Write has JUST been released.  Yesterday a local store got in their

Ooops.  I realized that that wasn't Multi-Write, but rather MindWrite,
that the local store had just gotten in stock.

Sorry for the mis-information.

Peter
-----
Peter "Arrgh" Korn		           I know lots of honorary jews!  Why,
korn@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU			  some of my very best friends
{decvax,dual,hplabs,sdcsvax,ulysses}!ucbvax!korn            are honorary jews!

clubmac@runx.OZ (Sydney University Macintosh Society) (12/08/86)

Multi-Write isn't VaporWare - I have seen Version 0.9.