[comp.sys.mac] OKIMATE 20 100 COLORS

uggora@sunybcs.UUCP (12/10/86)

Has anybody used any color software packages for the Macintosh
I was wondering if any would be compatible with the OKIMATE 20
The OKIMATE 20 has over 100 colors and sells for about $220.00

gae@osupyr.UUCP (12/12/86)

In article <1652@sunybcs.UUCP> uggora@sunybcs.UUCP (Michael Gora) writes:

>Has anybody used any color software packages for the Macintosh
>I was wondering if any would be compatible with the OKIMATE 20
>The OKIMATE 20 has over 100 colors and sells for about $220.00

I have done color graphics on the Okimate 20, but only by sending
the control codes directly to the Okimate.  In order to REALLY use
it with the Macintosh, someone will have to write a printer driver
for it.  I understand this is a lot of work.  Do you think Okidata
can be convinced to do it?

Recently, I have found that the plain old Imagewriter II with a color
ribbon works with the current Imagewriter printer driver.  Any Mac
application that creates a picture using the color Quickdraw
commands can produce color output on the Imagewriter II.  For example,
I adapted the Dr. Dobb's MandelZoom program to do this.

--

  G. A. Edgar                                   TS1871@OHSTMVA.bitnet
  Department of Mathematics                     edgar@osu-eddie.UUCP