[comp.sys.mac] BASIC compilers for MACINTOSH

dlbaer@helm.UUCP (Dennis L. Baer) (12/09/86)

I am looking for a company that sells a BASIC compiler that is compatible
with Microsoft MS BASIC. The compiler must be able to compile a statement

RETURN x

where x is a line number which allows effectively to pop the return stack
and go to line x. Please respond by private mail.
--

Dennis Baer
516 694 5872

Author of The STRUCTURED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE FOR PCDOS/MSDOS available on
net.micro.pc on USENET, file SPLLIB.ARC on JERI HUG 516 334 8221
SPLLIB.ARC on fidonet nodes 1/11, 150/1, 107/211 ask sysop to reverse file
attach.

woody@tybalt.caltech.edu (William Edward Woody) (12/13/86)

--- For my buddy the line chomper ---

Sorry for replying to the net, but this may be of general interest, anyways.

In article <168@helm.UUCP> dlbaer@helm.UUCP (Dennis L. Baer) writes:
>I am looking for a company that sells a BASIC compiler that is compatible
>with Microsoft MS BASIC.

Microsoft provides a Basic interpreter for the Mac.  They're up to version
3.0 of the compiler, which is HFS compatable.  And since I've been so
nice to allow them to $25 dollar me to death for updates on the interpreter,
they sent me a "limited-time" notice: for those who have interpreters, now
they can get about half off (the notice is not in front of me) on Microsoft's
new Basic compiler.

I don't know if the new Microsoft Basic compiler does what you need, but I'd
be willing to give Microsoft a call.

Of course, I won't be getting it.  I use basic for quick and dirty solutions,
and C for application development.  But others out there may actually Like
basic. *shudder*
- William Woody                          Mac! > ][n && /|\
  woody@tybalt.caltech.edu
  woody@juliet.caltech.edu