[comp.sys.mac] HP laserjet with mac

rfl@oddjob.UChicago.EDU (Bob Loewenstein) (12/15/86)

I would appreciate any info anyone might have on using an HP laserjet
with a macintosh (rather than a LaserWriter). How convenient is it
to use? Are there drivers written to replace the Imagewriter or Laserwriter
drivers? Do you have to quit one program and run a special one to
interface to the printer?

I will post a summary of responses if people are interested.

herbw@midas.UUCP (Herb Weiner) (12/16/86)

--------

rfl@oddjob.UChicago.EDU (Bob Loewenstein) writes:
> I would appreciate any info anyone might have on using an HP laserjet
> with a macintosh (rather than a LaserWriter).
While I can not offer any assistance on his problem (my only recommendation
would be *NOT* to use the HP LaserJet for *ANYTHING*), I offer the following
amusing quote from the HP LaserJet Technical Reference Manual (Part Number
02686-90915, May 1985), page 3-18, in the description of DELTA X:

"Positive and negative values are treated as zero."

                            --- Herb Weiner (...!tektronix!midas!herbw)

brimoe@hope.UUCP (Brian Bender) (12/19/86)

> --------
>

> rfl@oddjob.UChicago.EDU (Bob Loewenstein) writes:
> > I would appreciate any info anyone might have on using an HP laserjet
> > with a macintosh (rather than a LaserWriter).
> While I can not offer any assistance on his problem (my only recommendation
> would be *NOT* to use the HP LaserJet for *ANYTHING*), I offer the following
> amusing quote from the HP LaserJet Technical Reference Manual (Part Number
> 02686-90915, May 1985), page 3-18, in the description of DELTA X:
>
> "Positive and negative values are treated as zero."
>
>                             --- Herb Weiner (...!tektronix!midas!herbw)

But if you must do it as I had to you can write a small program to
send text files to the HP thru the modem port, You may only get text
but It beats geting nothing at all I guess.

	Brian(moe) @ university of calif, riverside

	"I dont want to be dead, and I dont want to shoot you"